The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire game design interview Help Please.

Hello, I recently got and interview for Hertfordshire's game design course, I'm pretty confident in my portfolio although I'd really love some insight into the questions that will be asked in the interview so I can prepare ahead of time.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
Hi there, I'm the admissions tutor for the Games Art degree. We will be asking you questions about how you made your artwork (software, techniques etc) and also what your thought process was behind your designs and ideas (so hopefully you will remember all this!). We will also want to know about your future career aspirations - what roles do you want in the industry once you graduate; what companies do you want to work for (do be smart here, don't list a bunch of USA / Japanese developers if you don't already have a passport for those countries!), we'll ask you about the industry so make sure you know the companies who make the games that inspire you. We'll also ask you about the games you like playing; we want to know why you are impressed with them. And maybe we'll ask you what your favourite colour is 🙂 There will almost certainly be other questions that the interviewer will ask based on your replies to our questions, but I've no idea what those will be of course!

Do also come with questions for us - we're interviewing you, but you should also find out about us - is this the course you want? Will you be taught a certain skill you are looking for etc? I don't know what your questions will be, but it's good to have some - and then you can ask the same questions at each of your interviews and compare results with who gave you the best answers!

The interview is very informal (we really can't do formal) so it's nothing scary - it's more of a chat than an interview!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending