The Student Room Group

GCSE Music Edexcel - 24th May 2013 (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doggylover
Heyy, just wondering as I got full marks on the composition and performance meaning I've got full 60% what mark do I have to get in this listening exam to get an A??

UMS wise, to get and A you need 80% overall. This means that you need an extra 20% out of the remaining 40%. That's basically 50% of the paper. Which means that you need a D or above to get your A. Just check the grade boundaries of what you need to get a D.
Reply 181
Heyy, just wondering as I got full marks on the composition and performance meaning I've got full 60% what mark do I have to get in this listening exam to get an A??

I don't know for an A but I got full as well and I need 75% UMS in the exam for an A* so you should easily get an A :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ABC05
What do people think the grade boundaries will be?

It depends on the paper. It dropped significantly last year from 2011. I think 85% raw for A* and 80% A, B would be something like 70% I guess.
If its like last year you need 36 and 53 for an a*
Reply 184
Just found this schools website with revision sheets for each of the set works. Hope its helpful!

http://www.apsch.org.uk/music-ks4
For Skye Waulkind Song (by Capercaillie), is the violin (fiddle) a Celtic folk or Western pop instrument?
Reply 186
Original post by joey12340
For Skye Waulkind Song (by Capercaillie), is the violin (fiddle) a Celtic folk or Western pop instrument?

celtic folk - fiddle is the name given to a violin in folk context
Reply 187
I would say there's 2 main groups- traditional instruments and modern instruments- the fiddle would come under traditional :smile:
Ok, than thanks a lot, good luck with the test tommorow!!!:smile:
Reply 189
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 190
i got 2 high Bs and 2 high As for coursework, what do I need to get an A? Please help!!
The song "Why does my heart feel so bad" comes to mind right now :frown:
Original post by IdliPooper
The song "Why does my heart feel so bad" comes to mind right now :frown:

I know reich?
I'm getting all blues...
I'm sure we'll moz'tly be fine! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
If someone wants to do some last minute revision, this can always be handy! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe6ZPj02q7jC26Mh73qBr4Ez6_kXo7Dfm
Original post by Meliss
I know reich?
I'm getting all blues...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Something's Coming.........
It's death by this exam.
Reply 195
Original post by Meliss
I know reich?
I'm getting all blues...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll all Handel it :smile:
Something's coming and it's gonna be great...hopefully...
Reply 196
I was just wondering... Because i'm really BAD at music theory.. in my mock I got a D. I can neverrrrr do good in it. and im so scared. Like i know i'll get bad or fail this exam. for sure. but if I do get a D in my real exam tomorrow, however in my courseworks i got 2 high b's, what will be the final grade?
Reply 197
Not trying to hijack or anything...would someone mind answering my question from before please...I've done aos1 and 2 for section B, I need to revise 3 and 4 for section A, any tips would be really appreciated! Thanks again :smile:
Reply 198
Original post by Awdrgyjo
Not trying to hijack or anything...would someone mind answering my question from before please...I've done aos1 and 2 for section B, I need to revise 3 and 4 for section A, any tips would be really appreciated! Thanks again :smile:

revise key definitions for a of s 3 and 4, and make sure you know the works well. and also learn the structures of the pieces!! Currently doing this! Good luck guys for tomorrow :smile:
Reply 199
Also, for the questions on whether you like the piece and why, how vague are you allowed to be :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending