The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PythianLegume
dS was negative, so -TdS was positive; that was the point of why it is never feasible.

the guy above who did the equation between sn and io3- thing he put OH- as product it should be h2o if i remember correctly
i think i lost 27 marks,
very very sloppy, hopefully i just made a safe high B or very very low A.
Anyone think they'll allow

6H+ + 5Sn2++2IO3- -------> 5Sn4+ + 2I2 + 6OH-

Or have I assumed alkaline conditions? (absolutely no idea why I didn't just go for water, the safe option haha)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4283
Original post by scorpio22
i think i lost 27 marks,
very very sloppy, hopefully i just made a safe high B or very very low A.

that should be an A
Reply 4284

Thanks! For the Chlorine question I put that the addition of OH- may react with the H+ ions to form water, and then this water will react with the Cl2 to form ClO- :smile:
Reply 4285
Original post by Benjy100
Anyone think they'll allow

6H+ + 5Sn2++2IO3- -------> 5Sn4+ + 2I2 + 6OH-

Or have I assumed alkaline conditions? (absolutely no idea why I didn't just go for water, the safe option haha)

Can't see why not, everything balances and charge is balanced so...
Reply 4286
For the optical isonerisim i put both isomers but i didnt put brakets the charge and the line in the middle how many marks out of three will i get?
Original post by wakaas
For the optical isonerisim i put both isomers but i didnt put brakets the charge and the line in the middle how many marks out of three will i get?

I think the brackets and the charge are necessary (or at least the charge). I doubt the line in the middle matters. Probably 1-2 marks
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Funtry
Thanks! For the Chlorine question I put that the addition of OH- may react with the H+ ions to form water, and then this water will react with the Cl2 to form ClO- :smile:

Just out of curiosity how many marks do you think you got today from the MS?
Original post by wakaas

you'll probably get 2
Reply 4290

thx for the ms, i felt slight less panic right now, but still ....

=]

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!! Made my night a hell of a lot better!!! Thought I failed, but now I'm happy :smile: so thanks again!:biggrin:
I think the brackets and the charge are necessary (or at least the charge). I doubt the line in the middle matters. Probably 1-2 marks

Isn't it the line in the middle which represents a mirror that implies that they are optical isomers? I'm quite sure its necessary.
Original post by Kat12395
Question: If I put O- at the ends instead of OH will I get a mark?:L

Original post by PythianLegume
O- is the correct version of the ligand, so you will get the marks :tongue:

omg really? I put o- as well but I thought it was wrong, everyone was saying there should be hydrogens on the end or something
Original post by RnTf
that should be an A

I'll take a B... i so messed up my biology but im slowly reedeming myself with chemistry...

role of f324:unimpressed:
Reply 4295
What do everyone's teachers think about the coursework grade boundaries? Mine seem to think they might be sligghhhtly lower than last year's ones as the papers were a bit harder in their opinion.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Isn't it the line in the middle which represents a mirror that implies that they are optical isomers? I'm quite sure its necessary.

Well it mean it just wants you to draw the isomers, which are separated by brackets and a quite clearly reflections of eachother anyway. In order to back up my bold claims I shall cite page 213 of the text book :P
Reply 4297
So going by the mark scheme I think I got 61/100. I'm so screwed- will definitely not meet my offer for medschool :frown: I worked the hardest for this paper but ocr just have to screw you over don't they?!
Original post by needtosucceed=)
omg really? I put o- as well but I thought it was wrong, everyone was saying there should be hydrogens on the end or something

which question are you talking about here?
Well it mean it just wants you to draw the isomers, which are separated by brackets and a quite clearly reflections of eachother anyway. In order to back up my bold claims I shall cite page 213 of the text book :P

Oh okay, yeah that's fair enough I just thought it was always needed but what you've said is correct so they should be perfectly fine if they forgot it, I always go for a worse case scenario so I can be pleasantly pleased on results day, at least I hope it to go that way :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending