The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow School of Art Offer Holders/Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
The sports facilities are available to us, but as for everyone the sports facilities do cost money.
Only 250 members allowed though!
Here is the website:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/sport/membership/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by Mimiii
The sports facilities are available to us, but as for everyone the sports facilities do cost money.
Only 250 members allowed though!
Here is the website:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/sport/membership/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh thank you! Didn't even think to look on the uni website haha! Going to have to get in there fast then! £50 a year seems pretty reasonable though, thanks so much :smile:
Reply 122
Only 250 people can join the sports clubs and use the facilities etc? Or have I misread that? I really want to try out the cheerleading!

Also, I know some of you are from Glasgow, so I was wondering if any of you know of any dance schools near to the art school or around that area?
Reply 123
Also, God knows what I am going to do for Freshers Week because I am not 18 until December! Any suggestions?
Reply 124
Original post by rlhobkirk
Also, God knows what I am going to do for Freshers Week because I am not 18 until December! Any suggestions?

Same here! So glad I'm not the only one in the same situation. I'm not 18 until October. We could hang out together, lol.
Reply 125
Original post by rlhobkirk
Only 250 people can join the sports clubs and use the facilities etc? Or have I misread that? I really want to try out the cheerleading!

Also, I know some of you are from Glasgow, so I was wondering if any of you know of any dance schools near to the art school or around that area?

I think it's use the facilities at that price? I'm not sure though!
If you check out the society's at Glasgow uni which GSA can join - they have a good student dance school! So that could be an option!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126
Also, random but does anyone feel like GSA isn't real to them yet? Maybe it's the big wait until September but I genuinely still feel like I'm not going to get in. Weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Hi, just wondering for anyone applying for student finance...have you said that it's a franchised course run by Glasgow Uni? I wasn't sure what to put so I left it blank as I know they award the qualifications but not whether it affects the application? Also, for anyone else under SFE, have you had to add in the information for GSA yourself since it wasn't on the list? (Or maybe that should have been under Glasgow Uni too?). Thanks! :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by Em35
Hi, just wondering for anyone applying for student finance...have you said that it's a franchised course run by Glasgow Uni? I wasn't sure what to put so I left it blank as I know they award the qualifications but not whether it affects the application? Also, for anyone else under SFE, have you had to add in the information for GSA yourself since it wasn't on the list? (Or maybe that should have been under Glasgow Uni too?). Thanks! :smile:

Maybe its because they haven't decided what the fees will be for the RUK - it still has 2012/13 on the website.
Reply 129
Original post by sayyes
Maybe its because they haven't decided what the fees will be for the RUK - it still has 2012/13 on the website.

Ahh I never thought of that, I assumed it would still be £9000, fingers crossed it's lower (although I somehow doubt it hahaha). I will email them them to see and get any other finance information, and post the response on here for any others!

Thanks!
Original post by Em35

I know its weird it's not on the website! I actually rang and it's not a franchised course. Yep I had to add everything in :rolleyes:
Reply 131
Original post by twenty_winters
I know its weird it's not on the website! I actually rang and it's not a franchised course. Yep I had to add everything in :rolleyes:

The website isn't clear for much though really is it hahaha! Ahh good so it wasn't just me then, I think every HE institution was on there apart from gsa! :/ Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Original post by Mimiii
Also, random but does anyone feel like GSA isn't real to them yet? Maybe it's the big wait until September but I genuinely still feel like I'm not going to get in. Weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heh, I'm getting the same feeling too. Being told that an almost decade-long dream has been realised still feels odd.

For Scottish Students: Does anyone have a clear idea as to when SAAS opens for applications?
Original post by napoleons
Same here! So glad I'm not the only one in the same situation. I'm not 18 until October. We could hang out together, lol.

During Freshers week, bars and clubs tend to lower drinks or entry prices to attract the new students.

I'll be 20 once we start the course and having lived in Glasgow all my life, I've come to know pretty much all the clubs, bars, and events that happen around the city every week.

I'll be there during Freshers anyways but some clubs and bars i'd suggest going to include Flat 01, Sub Club, La Cheetah, Make Do, Tingle, and The Art School.

There is also The Glue Factory and SWG3, two separate warehouse & bar venues which are used for specific Art School events, gigs by Dj's and clubs like Sub club, or for the two best new year parties in glasgow.

There is also 3 separate UNDERGROUND clubs which are run by members of clubs such as Sub Club and La Cheetah. The main one is called The Unit, and the other two are Substance and The Priory. They usually cost between 5-10 to get in and run from 3 to 8. YOU DON'T NEED ID FOR THESE.

Other events also tend to be created by member of the art school or various people you meet such as one of my friends hosting an event in a empty swimming pool with Dl's and drinks.

People also tend to have parties at Halls, atleast for the first few months.
Original post by napoleons

Im in the same boat, at least we know there should be a few of us!
Reply 135
Original post by Mimiii
So happy that this thread is here! I've also just sent a request for the Facebook group.

Well done to everyone getting in!!

I firmed my unconditional offer for Fashion Design. I'm 17 (18 in July) and from Ayrshire!

So I have a question; has anyone thought about potentially getting involved with Glasgow Uni societies and groups? A few people have told me that although GSA students can join the uni's societies and groups - many don't. I mean we've got a long time to think about it; so i'm really just being curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Mimiii
I definitely agree! I'm really interested in the sports groups aswell.
I think it's good to meet people and get a combination experience of learning at art school but not missing out on 'uni' activities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm with you on that one

Anybody else applied for Vic Halls as their first accommodation choice? :biggrin:
Reply 136
Also, can anybody link me to a page that CONFIRMS the exact date for entry for Architecture?
Hi everyone :smile:
it's nice to see that you already have a big community like that!
I have already firmed my unconditional offer for Product Design :smile:
I'm from Hungary so I don't know too mutch about Glasgow but I was there while the interview session and it was great actually :smile: I'm planning to go to Victoria Hall I think
Reply 138
Original post by LouisaLouis
Im in the same boat, at least we know there should be a few of us!

Oh fab! You, rlhobkirk and I can lead the little group of under 18s trying to get into the places Androo's suggested, hahahaha.

Original post by Androo McMenemy
During Freshers week, bars and clubs tend to lower drinks or entry prices to attract the new students.

I'll be 20 once we start the course and having lived in Glasgow all my life, I've come to know pretty much all the clubs, bars, and events that happen around the city every week.

I'll be there during Freshers anyways but some clubs and bars i'd suggest going to include Flat 01, Sub Club, La Cheetah, Make Do, Tingle, and The Art School.

There is also The Glue Factory and SWG3, two separate warehouse & bar venues which are used for specific Art School events, gigs by Dj's and clubs like Sub club, or for the two best new year parties in glasgow.

There is also 3 separate UNDERGROUND clubs which are run by members of clubs such as Sub Club and La Cheetah. The main one is called The Unit, and the other two are Substance and The Priory. They usually cost between 5-10 to get in and run from 3 to 8. YOU DON'T NEED ID FOR THESE.

Other events also tend to be created by member of the art school or various people you meet such as one of my friends hosting an event in a empty swimming pool with Dl's and drinks.

People also tend to have parties at Halls, atleast for the first few months.

Thanks for that! Hopefully someone in the group of under 18s knows where these clubs are - or you can point the directions out to us because despite living in Glasgow all my life, I have no idea where these places are!
Reply 139
Has anyone e-mailed GSA for feedback on their portfolios and interview?

I know they give them out if you were rejected and asked for it but I'm not sure whether they still do if you were made an offer...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending