The Student Room Group

Criminology Dissertation ideas

Hey guys,

I am a second year criminology student and its come to that time where I have to start thinking about what I want to do for my dissertation.
At first I was going to do it on maternal deprivation affecting criminality but my tutor said that study was focused post war when women had to work whilst the men were fighting. Then I thought about doing it on whether lack of education affects criminality but, I'm not too sure.
I really want to do it on something i will enjoy and I am passionate about so I get the best possible grade but nothing's coming to my mind.
Soooo i was wondering if any if you guys could help me or if there's anyone who has been in the same position and who could give me some advice.

Thanks
RB:smile:
Hi

I am a 3rd year psychology student and my dissertation is a forensic and criminology subject. I have put together a replica study (with some modifications) of a study on inferring criminality via facial appearance. I found an article about the study on the psychology today website when I was browsing the recent hot topics. Maybe you could find something on there also or may even like the idea I have taken from.

If you wouldn't mind taking part in my study, you can click on the link below or copy and paste it into your address bar. Then you can get an idea of just what I mean as well.

Good luck and its very ood you are thinking about your dissertation so soon. get everything done as early as possible because things will go wrong and slow you down, so having that extra time really helps ease the stress.

take care
Original post by RB05
Hey guys,

I am a second year criminology student and its come to that time where I have to start thinking about what I want to do for my dissertation.
At first I was going to do it on maternal deprivation affecting criminality but my tutor said that study was focused post war when women had to work whilst the men were fighting. Then I thought about doing it on whether lack of education affects criminality but, I'm not too sure.
I really want to do it on something i will enjoy and I am passionate about so I get the best possible grade but nothing's coming to my mind.
Soooo i was wondering if any if you guys could help me or if there's anyone who has been in the same position and who could give me some advice.

Thanks
RB:smile:

You could google Criminology dissertations or something online.

Alternatively, I bought a book that was really useful, I think it was in the Palgrave series and was 'Writing your undergraduate dissertation'. It was super useful.
Reply 3
hi, i am also currently looking for ideas for my criminology dissertation. the two topics i am considering are:
capital punishment - worldwide perspective or countries like bali etc
or
Cults (this is my preferred)
However my mind has gone blank and can not come up with good specific questions for either one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks
Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending