The Student Room Group

ੈ✩‧₊˚ year 13 academic comeback

hi! i’ve been wanting to make a little study journey so here i am !!

predicted: A*A*A
working at (imo): ABC

✧.* about me:
- currently in year 13 obvs
- studying biology, chemistry and maths
- want to study medicine
- currently have an offer for med - alhamdulillah <33
- needing a MAJOR academic comeback

✧.* aims for this year:
- achieve at least AAA
- try not to burn out by easter 😭
- actually update this thread every day
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
: ̗̀ 21.02.24

to do list: ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ!
nervous coordination flashcards
moments booklet - homework
partial fractions
halogenoalkanes flashcards
mark chemistry past paper - homework
11C integration exercise

thoughts of the day:
pov: me finally understanding A2 integration?? and i did my moments homework so last minute 💀 but it’s fine, it’s done now. also i’m finally seeing an improvement in maths - alhamdulillah!! i swear this subject has been breaking me down mentally but i think i’m starting to like it again :smile:

༊*·˚ total study time: 4 hours 36 minutes
heyaaa! I’d like to stalk you on this journey :wink:

ooh we do the same subjects, how are you finding them??

AND congrats on ur offer allahumma baarik!! In’sha’Allah you smash your A Level exams and get the grades you need! Which medical school gave you an offer?
Original post by aalimk
: ̗̀ 21.02.24

to do list: ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ!
nervous coordination flashcards
moments booklet - homework
partial fractions
halogenoalkanes flashcards
mark chemistry past paper - homework
11C integration exercise

thoughts of the day:
pov: me finally understanding A2 integration?? and i did my moments homework so last minute 💀 but it’s fine, it’s done now. also i’m finally seeing an improvement in maths - alhamdulillah!! i swear this subject has been breaking me down mentally but i think i’m starting to like it again :smile:

༊*·˚ total study time: 4 hours 36 minutes

oh well done you got quite a lot done - more than me anyway 😭 AND HONESTLY why is integration so hard to understand in the beginning?? we were taught it a few months back and I understand it ONLY NOW AHAHAHAHA still differentiation > integration
Reply 4
Original post by madzzzzina

AND congrats on ur offer allahumma baarik!! In’sha’Allah you smash your A Level exams and get the grades you need! Which medical school gave you an offer?
biology and chemistry are surprisingly okay but mechanics is something else 😭 i need to watch some TLmaths videos lmao. what about you, how are you finding them?

thank you!! In’sha’Allah 💓 i got an offer from aberdeen - are you applying for med as well?
Reply 5
oh well done you got quite a lot done - more than me anyway 😭 AND HONESTLY why is integration so hard to understand in the beginning?? we were taught it a few months back and I understand it ONLY NOW AHAHAHAHA still differentiation > integration
nooooo integration for the win - implicit differentiation is impossible i literally can’t even. if you have any tips pls lmk 🤲
we’re doing integration now and i swear integration by substitution might be one of my fave topics yet
Reply 6
: ̗̀ 22.02.24

to do list:
ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ!
nerve impulses flashcards
gene expression exam qs - homework
alkenes flashcards
composite and inverse functions

thoughts of the day:
remember what i said about liking maths again? FORGET IT 😭 whoever created a level maths i will find you bc this is illegal. and no, i’m not upset about a difficult topic, i’m upset bc no matter what i do i literally cannot find the domain or range for any function bye

༊*·˚ total study time: 5 hours
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by aalimk

✧.* about me:
- want to study medicine

✧.* aims for this year:
- achieve at least AAA
welcome to GYG and massive congratulations on your med offer!!! 🥳
some people who I think would enjoy following your journey:
@kayleigh_t.27 @emm4nuella @Tatakae L @study23! @Jieay20 @imitired @vnayak
Reply 8
Original post by erin11
Thanks for the tag
Original post by erin11
Thanks for tagging me! @aalimk can't wait to follow your journey!
Reply 10
Original post by aalimk

✧.* about me:
- want to study medicine

✧.* aims for this year:
- achieve at least AAA
Hi I'm a y12 aspiring med student doing same subjects + fm, I also have a gyg. CONGRATS ON YOUR OFFER! Which uni is it from?
Original post by aalimk

✧.* about me:
- want to study medicine

✧.* aims for this year:
- achieve at least AAA
welcome to gyg and your grades are so good mashallah. congrats on the med offer
Original post by aalimk

✧.* about me:
- want to study medicine

✧.* aims for this year:
- achieve at least AAA
hey welcome to grow your grades ❤️
Reply 13
Original post by erin11
Looking forward to seeing your progress @aalimk
Reply 14
thank you! 💓
Reply 15
Original post by vnayak
Looking forward to seeing your progress @aalimk
thank you!! it’s from aberdeen :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by erin11
thank you sm !!
Original post by aalimk

biology and chemistry are surprisingly okay but mechanics is something else 😭 i need to watch some TLmaths videos lmao. what about you, how are you finding them?

thank you!! In’sha’Allah 💓 i got an offer from aberdeen - are you applying for med as well?

biology is easy content-wise, the exam questions I sort of struggle with but ig it’s because I don’t practice them enough!! I loveeeee Maths and Chemistry, tbh we started Mechanics recently and it’s been alright so far, there’s just so many different concepts to learn so it gets confusing at times! Chemistry is fine, hate transition metals tho, it’s so long 😭

omg that’s amazing!! is that where you wanna go?in’sha’Allah you hear good news from your other unis too!

and nope, I’m not applying to med, I’m planning to take a year out for dentistry iA!
Original post by aalimk
nooooo integration for the win - implicit differentiation is impossible i literally can’t even. if you have any tips pls lmk 🤲
we’re doing integration now and i swear integration by substitution might be one of my fave topics yet

Yh the only part hard of differentiation is implicit differentiation esp bc sometimes you’ll get something like 3x^2y^2 which you would need to use the chain rule for. My best advice would be first of all doing as many practice questions as you can and if you don’t understand it, watch TLMaths (he’s acc so good). MathsGenie has some good easy questions to begin with, and then use PMT for some actual exam-style questions as well as Madas Maths. Also organise your working out!! You don’t understand how many times I’ve messed up my answers bc my working out is just all over the place 😭

Integration by substitution is alright tbh, it’s easy now that I understand it (took me long enough😭)
Reply 19

biology is easy content-wise, the exam questions I sort of struggle with but ig it’s because I don’t practice them enough!! I loveeeee Maths and Chemistry, tbh we started Mechanics recently and it’s been alright so far, there’s just so many different concepts to learn so it gets confusing at times! Chemistry is fine, hate transition metals tho, it’s so long 😭

omg that’s amazing!! is that where you wanna go?in’sha’Allah you hear good news from your other unis too!

and nope, I’m not applying to med, I’m planning to take a year out for dentistry iA!we haven’t started transition metals yet, should i be nervous? 😭 forces and friction is calm dw

Thank you !! Yeah i think its my first choice bc I’ve always wanted to study/work in Scotland + in’sh’Allah thank you

ahh how excitinggg - in’sha’Allah it goes well for you! do you have any unis you really wanna apply for? omg u have to do the ucat as welll, i have genuine flashbacks to that time of my life AHA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending