The Student Room Group

Psychology and criminology dissertation help

Hey guys,
I’m a current second year uni student studying psychology and criminology. I’ve been informed that I need to start thinking of some ideas I want to do for my dissertation. I have no clue on what I can do that links both psychology and criminology. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Original post by Maddie04
Hey guys,
I’m a current second year uni student studying psychology and criminology. I’ve been informed that I need to start thinking of some ideas I want to do for my dissertation. I have no clue on what I can do that links both psychology and criminology. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

I don't think your dissertation necessarily needs to relate to both psychology and criminology - it absolutely needs to cover psychology for the BPS accreditation but probably not criminology. In any case, I'd get in touch with your tutor to check this and maybe try to get some ideas from them. Some universities that do psychology also offer a list of potential dissertation ideas to students so it'd be worth checking if your uni does this too :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Maddie04
Hey guys,

hey - there is an idea that damage to the frontal lobe or lack of development in the frontal lobe can lead to criminal behaviour due to developing a lack of understanding of moral behaviour

or you could do eyewitness testominies - lack of reliability due to post event discussion or weapon focus
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending