The Student Room Group

Books

Hello everyone,i would like to apply for Nursing next year but i don't like and i am not really good in math.
I would like to buy some books.. Any advice?
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carmiu
i would like to apply for Nursing next year but i am not really good in math.

:eek:

In all seriousness, we had a nurse asking questions on here a few weeks ago and I was a little surprised by the difficulty considering they don't expect you to have a mathematical background.
Reply 2
Original post by Carmiu
Hello everyone,i would like to apply for Nursing next year but i don't like and i am not really good in math.
I would like to buy some books.. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Before you buy any books, check the requirements of the course you want to do - they may expect you to have certain GCSEs or equivalent, and they may ask you to take certain tests before allowing you in.

I have seen several books about Maths for Medicine and Life Sciences, or Statistics for Nursing and Healthcare, but I haven't used them myself. If you have a decent bookshop near you (e.g. Waterstones) you will find books like this either in the Nursing section or in the Maths section :smile:
Original post by davros
Before you buy any books, check the requirements of the course you want to do - they may expect you to have certain GCSEs or equivalent, and they may ask you to take certain tests before allowing you in.

I have seen several books about Maths for Medicine and Life Sciences, or Statistics for Nursing and Healthcare, but I haven't used them myself. If you have a decent bookshop near you (e.g. Waterstones) you will find books like this either in the Nursing section or in the Maths section :smile:

At this stage, borrowing a GCSE revision guide from the local library might be sufficient.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr M
:eek:

In all seriousness, we had a nurse asking questions on here a few weeks ago and I was a little surprised by the difficulty considering they don't expect you to have a mathematical background.

I have just moved to London and do not know what level of math you should need.
For this reason I want to consult a book! in Italy I did years of mathematics ....
Btw i think that this forum should be helpful to those who need reliable information, not for those who like to play around!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Mr M
At this stage, borrowing a GCSE revision guide from the local library might be sufficient.

Actually I think the OP is from abroad, so not sure what their maths background will be like or what the GCSE equivalent is :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by davros

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carmiu
I have just moved to London and do not know what level of math you should need.
For this reason I want to consult a book! in Italy I did years of mathematics ....
Btw i think that this forum should be helpful to those who need reliable information, not for those who like to play around!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Humour bypass much?

What level of mathematics do you have? Have you studied any calculus? You only need GCSE Grade C to apply for nursing and this is not a particularly high standard. I think you may already have gone further than this.
Original post by davros
Actually I think the OP is from abroad, so not sure what their maths background will be like or what the GCSE equivalent is :smile:

The entry requirement is GCSE Grade C which is why I recommended a GCSE revision guide.
Reply 9
Original post by Mr M
The entry requirement is GCSE Grade C which is why I recommended a GCSE revision guide.

I will buy a GCSE revision guide.
I think i did a lot more but now i know on what i have to focus on.
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carmiu
I will buy a GCSE revision guide.
I think i did a lot more but now i know on what i have to focus on.
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are welcome. If you join your local library you can borrow one for free.
Reply 11
Original post by Mr M
You are welcome. If you join your local library you can borrow one for free.

Will go tomorrow!!!
Thank you again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest