The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Help... How would you revise on the night before the day that you'll have 3 different exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't seem to get up early enough! I always say I'll get started at 8...then it's suddenly 10. Then I end up on wikipedia reading about some obscure disease...very strange.

Also, for biology - I haven't been to ANY lessons this term so I need to learn ALL of the course before June 3rd. And, for chemistry, I literally only know half of it. And I haven't even started on my maths. Oh god. I'm going to be working through the night in May.
Original post by BC95
haha so what subjects are you revising for ?

all units of psychology (4 in total)
media as and a2
english a2
music as and a2

you?
Reply 283
LaughingGas
Just wondering how many hours everyone is doing, I'm personally doing 4 as I have 4 exams coming up. :smile:

I've always thought of this as a bad habit. Far better to study by progress made as opposed to hours done. You feel like you're actually getting somewhere and it curbs procrastination to some extent.

I hope this helps.

Darren
Reply 284
I'll naturally wake up about 6:00 am (school waking up timing is still instilled in me :frown:( ) so I'll have a lie in 'til 7:00, have a shower, eat breakfast, all the usuals.. And then I make sure I'm ready to begin by 8:00. I have quite a high tolerance to revising for long periods but I make sure I always have 10-15 mins to make myself a cuppa, or grab something to eat etc. As soon as I think I've had enough, as if revision is nearing torture, I'll take a break. Have lunch at 12:00, continue revising all the way to 10:00, (having dinner at 7:00) and take an hour to fully relax and calm my brain down from the day, sleep at 11:00 on my best days :smile: Other days I'll sleep at 10:00

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285
Original post by megfashion
all units of psychology (4 in total)
media as and a2
english a2
music as and a2

you?

Latin
History (Irish & Italian)
English Lit.
Economics
(All AS)
You guys seem to be spending loads of time on revision! I'm working full time these holidays so my time has been limited but I also find I can't spend whole days revising I get distracted and end up getting less done. Instead I set myself targets of things I have done by the end of each week. That way I can fit it round work/ leisure and work effectively when I'm "in the zone". Lat night I managed to make y notes for a chemistry chapter in an hour. No distractions jst an intense hour. I learnt loads but it was an hour from my day. Starting early is the key for me to fit everything in. My revision works in four stages: make notes using spec : mind map most difficult areas from notes to reinforce: past papers : review difficulties found from pp. for me a couple of hours a day is far more effective then 6-8hr study sessions but it has taken me years to figure this out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been alternating between 7 to 8 hours a day,minus Saturdays in these two weeks holidays. I wake up at 7:00, and have 2 hour breaks after a 2 hour session of revision. Normally finishing revision around 8 or 9, depending how much I get into it. I have 3 exams and two of these exams iv'e just started revising for them.. (coz i literally have no class notes :s-smilie:). but its going good and ive just realised how much time is wasted in school because ive almost finished learning two subject units in a period of 1 week and a half and in school were still going over it - atleast now im ahead :tongue:
Original post by StudentHLe
Help... How would you revise on the night before the day that you'll have 3 different exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the night before personally wouldnt be a time to actually revise, but recap on the information. so i may do a past paper, or just read through my notes and maybe revise 1 or 2 more bits of information that would be useful.

maybe an hour each on each subject? on the 13th i have 2 exams on the same day at the same time, so the night before ill be doing in the afternoon media practice then music practice in the evening as music comes first
Original post by megfashion
the night before personally wouldnt be a time to actually revise, but recap on the information. so i may do a past paper, or just read through my notes and maybe revise 1 or 2 more bits of information that would be useful.

maybe an hour each on each subject? on the 13th i have 2 exams on the same day at the same time, so the night before ill be doing in the afternoon media practice then music practice in the evening as music comes first

Oh okay! Thanks for telling me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 290
Is it bad that Ive only managed to revise for my chemistry exam so far and I have 6 exams starting 7th june??? I am really worried!!!
Reply 291
Original post by LaughingGas
Just wondering how many hours everyone is doing, I'm personally doing 4 as I have 4 exams coming up. :smile:

i have set targets like im going to revise this for so long and then move onto another subject. I try and get into a routine like that for every revision session.

To have fully understood a chapter or module it takes me 2 to 3 hours morning and night for about two weeks or more before the exam.

Don't let people and things distract you, I find that things like Facebook and twitter cause it plays havoc.
Original post by zz_
you are gambling your future my boy. would you like me to construct a revision timetable for you?

You can construct one for me! I'm trying to revise and falling *flat* on my face. Help me plzzzzz ~sadface~
Reply 293
Usually I revise between 3 hours and 6 hours every day. My exam is in 4 weeks or so.
I'll try to work more from now on, you are all such hard worker and I feel a bit guilty for not putting in more time.
Mine varies erratically, I do as much as I feel I'll be productive doing a day. If I'm not in a revision mood and I know I won't be productive I either try to do a little bit or just leave it. I find it's much better to leave when you're not in the mood and go and do some of the things you've been wanting to do but haven't had the time, then you'll come back to revision the next day ready to knuckle down and get lots done.
But I guess it's different for everybody :smile:. Kudos to those of you who consistently do 6-8 hours every day! :cute:
Reply 295
How's revision going guys?

This easter flew:frown:

Ive been revising but nothing is going in:frown:
Original post by sammyvine
How's revision going guys?

This easter flew:frown:

Ive been revising but nothing is going in:frown:

Dreadfully. The worst thing is that what I am revising is going in quite nicely, which should motivate me to revise more, but it just isn't...:sigh:
Reply 297
Original post by KingMessi
Dreadfully. The worst thing is that what I am revising is going in quite nicely, which should motivate me to revise more, but it just isn't...:sigh:

How do you revise?

Making notes and reading over them?
Reply 298
I'm not the best person to give advice but just reading the textbook never does it for me.
I think it's necessary to read the important points of the textbooks many times and then to take notes. I know it's basic advice but still.
Reply 299
Done 2 solid weeks of revision, 4 hours a day, gonna have this weekend off so I can finish some coursework and homework and relax a bit before I go back to school next week. I wanna feel fresh when I go back. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending