The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9040
Original post by Elm Tree
We don't have invigilators..:s-smilie:

I'm sorry, but :lolwut:. Who is in the exam hall then?
Original post by techno836
MEEEE !! can't wait :biggrin:

need to go over anything ? :smile:

I haven't finished revising it.. screwedd. How are you revising for it.. any tips? :smile:
Original post by debbs567
i'm not :frown:

How much have you revised so far ? How's it going? :smile:
Original post by Vionar
I'm sorry, but :lolwut:. Who is in the exam hall then?

Our teachers give us a brief introduction and then leave
Original post by NinjaPandaa
how did you find the spanish listening yesterday? I didn't think it was too bad to be honest, better than I was expecting

Oh, I didn't do that, must be a different board :frown: mine is on Friday, really not looking forward to it #losingmarks

On the topic of hash tags, my friend just got a good luck DM from Luisa Zissman on twitter for his GCSES... I can barely even comprehend my jelly-ness right now
Original post by PriyaPaul
I haven't finished revising it.. screwedd. How are you revising for it.. any tips? :smile:

my 'revision' mostly involves mentally going through stuff in my head from months before :L ... I don't even plan on doing it I just catch myself in like the shower or something :smile:

But I do have a CGP revision guide which I have read through over the environment section and everything (and mycoprotein ) :smile:
Original post by NoMathsPlease
Oh, I didn't do that, must be a different board :frown: mine is on Friday, really not looking forward to it #losingmarks

On the topic of hash tags, my friend just got a good luck DM from Luisa Zissman on twitter for his GCSES... I can barely even comprehend my jelly-ness right now

oh I did edexcel are you doing aqa?
Reply 9047

:lolwut: So do people talk?
Original post by techno836
my 'revision' mostly involves mentally going through stuff in my head from months before :L ... I don't even plan on doing it I just catch myself in like the shower or something :smile:

But I do have a CGP revision guide which I have read through over the environment section and everything (and mycoprotein ) :smile:

What do you think the 6 markers will be.. I'm so scared :frown:. There's so many possible 6 markers.
Original post by NinjaPandaa
oh I did edexcel are you doing aqa?

Nope, am doing Uni of Cambridge IGCSE, so many boards haha!
Original post by Vionar
:lolwut: So do people talk?

Not really

:eek: Whoa...I normally end up with a woman who has quite a squeaky voice and forever glances at the clock and then her watch or a man who pronounces calculator as culculator...They're both great at their job though :smile:
Original post by PriyaPaul
What do you think the 6 markers will be.. I'm so scared :frown:. There's so many possible 6 markers.

True ... I find it highly likely that there will be 2 6 markers or 1 6 and 2 fives :smile:

my prediction is it will be an evaluate question on either bioethanol/biogas ... or dialysis and transplant :smile:
Reply 9053
Not really

But do people ever speak? And does nothing happen if they do?
Original post by NoMathsPlease
We may be doing the same Spanish and English ones. Are your Spanish exams IGCSE listening and writing?
Which books and poems did you do for English? We did OMAM and Inspector Calls and did Character and Voice poems :smile:

I'm doing AQA for English and Spanish - the exams are on listening and reading (the writing is coursework for me).

I did OMAM and some prose from the Sunlight on the Grass anthology and my poetry is the relationships cluster from the Moonlight on the Tides anthology.

Dear physics geniuses (I know you're all there in the hiding),

Regarding convex lenses, "If the object is nearer to the lens than the principal focus, an upright, virtual image is formed behind the image". I understand why it's upright and virtual but I don't get why it's formed behind the image? Behind what image? The image being projected or projected on? I'm working on a paint image to describe what this statement puts into my head :tongue:

Please help :smile:
Original post by Vionar
But do people ever speak? And does nothing happen if they do?

I don't recall much because I concentrate on my exam, but I'm pretty sure I have heard some people whisper before. And nothing happens to them :redface:
Reply 9056
I don't recall much because I concentrate on my exam, but I'm pretty sure I have heard some people whisper before. And nothing happens to them :redface:

:eek: That's awful! How are the teachers supposed to have people quiet not being in the room! :angry: I hate the corrupt-ness of the whole system! :angry:
Ok so this is what I think is going on -

The circle is the 'object' and it's nearer to the lens than the focal point. The parallel rays of light are moving towards the lens and refracted but now I get stuck, how does this result in the virtual image being formed behind the object, do the light rays change direction and go back in the same direction as the object and project behind the object? Or do they carry on but then why have the good people at AQA said it goes behind the object? What object? What's an object?

jhgfd.png
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9058
We don't have invigilators..:s-smilie:

LOOOOOOOL! Elm are you trying to kill me here? You have got to be lying! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9059
Original post by Vionar
:eek: That's awful! How are the teachers supposed to have people quiet not being in the room! :angry: I hate the corrupt-ness of the whole system! :angry:

It's angering me too! :frown: How is that even fair? Some of us work for our grades while other schools just ... Bloody cheat. We need to make a stand against this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest