The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 2 "Physics at work" June 2013

Poll

The last question - Does resistance increase or decrease?

Hello guys
How is your revision going?
I made this thread for the upcoming exam in June. After the deadly Jan 2013 paper who knows what they have in store for us this time :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, unit 1 phy was tge worst exam ever!!! Dont knw abt unit two, im repeating unit 1 and ill be doing units 2&3 for the first time in june.. Hope they turn out to be easy... Didnt really start much with phy, and im dying with electricity.. Its soo hard, i really need help with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I'm resitting the first unit too; and am quite curious to know what will come up.. Has anyone got any revision tips on either exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Mimi85
Hey, unit 1 phy was tge worst exam ever!!! Dont knw abt unit two, im repeating unit 1 and ill be doing units 2&3 for the first time in june.. Hope they turn out to be easy... Didnt really start much with phy, and im dying with electricity.. Its soo hard, i really need help with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed that was a nightmarish paper
I hope they don't make a mess of the 2013 June papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by arnishiseni
I'm resitting the first unit too; and am quite curious to know what will come up.. Has anyone got any revision tips on either exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do all the past papers and make sure you fully understand everything in one paper before moving to the next one
I tend to learn things parrot-fashion (mostly definitions and key points)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by x0x
Do all the past papers and make sure you fully understand everything in one paper before moving to the next one
I tend to learn things parrot-fashion (mostly definitions and key points)

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is; I seem to understand it, either without any help, or by checking for a key term.. However, when I come across some new exam questions, it all looks familiar, although I don't seem to get anywhere near 100% overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by arnishiseni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Mimi85

Posted from TSR Mobile

See my post here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40593645#post40593645

It's got a LOT of useful good stuff for all units in Edexcel A level Physics including unit 2 stuff.
Reply 7
The unit 2 January 2013 wasn't thaaaaat bad. Unit 1 was horrible!!!
I'm hoping June 2013s will be easy peasy! *fingers crossed*
Do you think that 71 raw is enough for the full UMS? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Do you think that 71 raw is enough for the full UMS? :biggrin:

did you get 71 in the January exam? :O
Original post by Zoeyyy
did you get 71 in the January exam? :O

No..:biggrin: That would have been....:cool:
Reply 11
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
No..:biggrin: That would have been....:cool:

Yeah if I get a score in the 70s range I'D THROW THE WHOLE UNIVERSE A PARTY
Reply 12
So how are your preparations going for paper three ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Guys, if anyone's got something to share like the possibility of a certain question showing up in the paper or something likely to be asked in this or that way bla bla , do share thanks :biggrin:
Reply 14
I'd say the best thing to do is as many past papers as you can. Once you've done one, look over the mark scheme particularly at the written questions. Certain words in exams tend to trigger the same answer. If its about the work function, 9 times out of 10 by saying "Work function is the minimum amount of energy required by a photon to displace a single electron from the surface of metal. Work Function is a constant, depending on the type of metal." Will get you every mark for example. I'm doing it right now for my particle-wave theory.

This method helped me get a high B in January. Hopefully I'll get an A in this one. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
In unit 2, I'd say waves will be my downfall... just too vague to picture.. and definitions.. need to be specific on those... will have to revisit unit 1 definitions again soon..
Reply 16
Can't stand electricity! So boring and tedious. Waves and Light are actually fun and very interesting to learn/revise.
Reply 17
Original post by B-Stacks
Can't stand electricity! So boring and tedious. Waves and Light are actually fun and very interesting to learn/revise.

Exactly, I agree
Reply 18
How are you guys doing in terms of revision? In my case, electricity is my downfall... haven't been taught it well :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Jaydude
How are you guys doing in terms of revision? In my case, electricity is my downfall... haven't been taught it well :frown:

Same. I've slowed down on Unit 2 revision because of my other exams closer ahead. Will start it up again midweek next week.

Latest

Trending

Trending