Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,

im doing Gcse Maths Aqa Unit 2 and Unit 3 in June. Anyone got any good links Etc for revision and what's a good way to revise for it as I'm aiming for a Grade B!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    hey im doing it too and also aiming for a B

have u got the red collins gcse maths higher book? (red front cover)

if so, do u use it often?

ReputationRep:
    Keep practicing questions from past papers and methods until you almost know how to do the majority of the questions that will come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePremierLeague)

Hey,

I don't have the book but would you recommend it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeb123)
    Hey,

I don't have the book but would you recommend it ?
    well this is actually my gcse maths retake and i didnt really use the book last time but now im actually trying to get this B, using that book does help

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,

im doing Gcse Maths Aqa Unit 2 and Unit 3 in June. Anyone got any good links Etc for revision and what's a good way to revise for it as I'm aiming for a Grade B!

Cheers
    (Original post by ThePremierLeague)

Use Mathswatch and practice lots of past papers in timed conditions. That will get you B+

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,

Cheers
    Hey!
    I like the CGP books, have you tried those? x

ReputationRep:
    Is any one doing Edexcel GCSE Maths? Any idea what the difference between Maths A and Maths B is??? is the spec different or something? Im taking it as private candidate in November and i have no idea which one i need to take!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy387)
    Hey!
    I like the CGP books, have you tried those? x
    CGP isn't as great as Mathswatch, have you tried it? It's really good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaffer dean)
    CGP isn't as great as Mathswatch, have you tried it? It's really good!
    I havent tried it no. I will have a look at it, Thanks for the tip ! :-D x

ReputationRep:
    Is any one doing Edexcel GCSE Maths? Any idea what the difference between Maths A and Maths B is??? is the spec different or something? Im taking it as private candidate in November and i have no idea which one i need to take!

x
    have a look at the spec for both of these, mathematics A is Linear so you will have to sit two papers to make up the overall grade (Non-calculator and Calculator) and Mathematics B is modular so you will need to sit three papers and they're more calculator based. Linear is harder than Modular. See the spec for both before makming the decision:
    Maths A: http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu..._Spec_2012.pdf
    Maths B: http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu..._Spec_2012.pdf

ReputationRep:
    have a look at the spec for both of these, mathematics A is Linear so you will have to sit two papers to make up the overall grade (Non-calculator and Calculator) and Mathematics B is modular so you will need to sit three papers. Linear is harder than Modular. See the spec for both before makming the decision:
    Great! thank you! wow you know alot about Maths dont you!

ReputationRep:
    have a look at the spec for both of these, mathematics A is Linear so you will have to sit two papers to make up the overall grade (Non-calculator and Calculator) and Mathematics B is modular so you will need to sit three papers and they're more calculator based. Linear is harder than Modular. See the spec for both before makming the decision:
    What makes Linear harder?

ReputationRep:
    I havent tried it no. I will have a look at it, Thanks for the tip ! :-D x
    Definitely use it, it only costs £3 and got me an A* back when i was doing GCSE Maths.

here's the link: http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/gcse/4554948524
    Great! thank you! wow you know alot about Maths dont you!
    haha I wish

What makes Linear harder?
    Linear is harder because you need to know everything - all caclulator and non-calculator topics (I did this one and it's really interesting). Whereas modular is more caclulator based, which makes it alot easier.

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on doing Linear, because im starting mid year and its a home study course so I have the chance to take the exams in November this year. Linear would be better because then I can do both exams within a couple of days of each other and get them over with!
    So the content for modular and Linear are totally different then by the sounds of it?? is that right? x

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on doing Linear, because im starting mid year and its a home study course so I have the chance to take the exams in November this year. Linear would be better because then I can do both exams within a couple of days of each other and get them over with!
    So the content for modular and Linear are totally different then by the sounds of it?? is that right? x
    Cool, yes linear is different to modular.
    Use Mathswatch and also do past papers in timed conditions. That will get you a high grade. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.