The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Hello, discuss the Law Unit 4 Exam here.

The Exam is 2 hours long and is split into 2 sections:

Section A - Choose from either Tort or Offences Against The Property (choose 1 of 2 scenarios for the offences you have studied)
Section B - Concepts of Law - Choose from one of 3 questions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For section A I'm doing offences against property and for section B I'm doing fault, law and morals and judicial creativity :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ed-
For section A I'm doing offences against property and for section B I'm doing fault, law and morals and judicial creativity :smile:

Oh were doing very similar things for A I'm doing the same as you (offences against the property) and for section B I'm doing: law and morals, law and justice and fault :smile:
Reply 3
I am going law of tort for section A and then for section B we are being taught law and morals, law and justice, fault and judicial creativity so not sure which 3 i'm going to learn yet :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by xxchloexo
I am going law of tort for section A and then for section B we are being taught law and morals, law and justice, fault and judicial creativity so not sure which 3 i'm going to learn yet :smile:

In my opinion law and justice and law and morals are very interesting. I found fault extremely boring however we didn't get taught judicial creativity so I can't comment on that.
Reply 5
Original post by seana39223
In my opinion law and justice and law and morals are very interesting. I found fault extremely boring however we didn't get taught judicial creativity so I can't comment on that.

We have only done judicial creativity so far, and i missed the lessons so probably won't pick it unless i find fault really boring :smile:. It's basically about whether judges are creative in their law making. It includes the principles of judicial precedent and statutory interpretaion
Reply 6
Original post by xxchloexo
We have only done judicial creativity so far, and i missed the lessons so probably won't pick it unless i find fault really boring :smile:. It's basically about whether judges are creative in their law making. It includes the principles of judicial precedent and statutory interpretaion

That actually sounds really intresting. Fault is boring and almost seems too easy compared to the other concepts of law as there are no theories etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
for section A i'm doing the property offences and for section B i'm doing fault, law and morals and law and justice
Reply 8
Original post by sammy1995
for section A i'm doing the property offences and for section B i'm doing fault, law and morals and law and justice

Exact same as me. How you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm doing section A, which I'm finding more challenging that unit 3. For section C I'm doing justice, morals and judicial creativity. Morals is by far my favourite and I pray it comes up in our exam :biggrin:
Reply 10
Any got a rough structure for a Law and morals question?
Reply 11
Original post by Mreyow
I'm doing section A, which I'm finding more challenging that unit 3. For section C I'm doing justice, morals and judicial creativity. Morals is by far my favourite and I pray it comes up in our exam :biggrin:

Yes I'm praying Morals come up as well,the topic is really intresting. Section A is most certainly more challenging than Unit 3. If you don't mind me asking what did you get in Unit 3?
Reply 12
Yes I'm praying Morals come up as well,the topic is really intresting. Section A is most certainly more challenging than Unit 3. If you don't mind me asking what did you get in Unit 3?

Justice has come up in all 3 exams for unit 4 so I think its safe to presume its not going to come up(?) and I got 87/100 for unit 3. How about you? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Mreyow
Justice has come up in all 3 exams for unit 4 so I think its safe to presume its not going to come up(?) and I got 87/100 for unit 3. How about you? :smile:

Oh wow you done great in Unit 3, I got 78 UMS :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Oh wow you done great in Unit 3, I got 78 UMS :biggrin:

Thank you! Unit 3 was so horrible simply because of the time limit. I knew the content inside out, but trying to get everything down was horrific. I'm more confident with this exam :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Mreyow
Thank you! Unit 3 was so horrible simply because of the time limit. I knew the content inside out, but trying to get everything down was horrific. I'm more confident with this exam :smile:

That's good to hear, and I'm sturgiling more with timing for this exam as I find it takes a good page to explain theft (including definition of words such as appropriation) before I have even applied it to the scenario.
Reply 16
That's good to hear, and I'm sturgiling more with timing for this exam as I find it takes a good page to explain theft (including definition of words such as appropriation) before I have even applied it to the scenario.

Yes, I take back what I said. We had a mock today and I agree with you. Theft is SO long to deal with. My timing is even worst for this exam :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Mreyow
Yes, I take back what I said. We had a mock today and I agree with you. Theft is SO long to deal with. My timing is even worst for this exam :frown:

Yeah theft is horrible to get through :redface:

And I also find I write too much for blackmail and duress... Luckily the other offences are fairly short but then I never feel I'm writing enough for those

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by ed-
Yeah theft is horrible to get through :redface:

And I also find I write too much for blackmail and duress... Luckily the other offences are fairly short but then I never feel I'm writing enough for those

Posted from TSR Mobile

I HATE duress with a passion. I know right! Especially for something like obtaining services dishonestly where you literally write a sentence about whether D gained services/goods or whether payment has been received
Reply 19
I'd day my strong point is actually summarizing the defenses.

Quick Reply

Latest