Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    We did a colorimetry experiment on different strengths of a solution and used the strongest solution to find out which wavelength gave the highest absorbance. This wavelength was then selected to analyse the absorbance of all the other strength solutions and the unknown.
    I don't know and can't find why the wavelength that gives the highest absorbance for the strongest solution was the one that was used for the others.
    Please help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmegSlayer)
    Hi
    We did a colorimetry experiment on different strengths of a solution and used the strongest solution to find out which wavelength gave the highest absorbance. This wavelength was then selected to analyse the absorbance of all the other strength solutions and the unknown.
    I don't know and can't find why the wavelength that gives the highest absorbance for the strongest solution was the one that was used for the others.
    Please help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Should be obvious..... It will give the most accurate results as spectrometer is most sensitive for the compound at that wavelength.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you but don't be so condescending. It wasn't obvious to me and it wasn't mentioned why during the practical and I haven't been able to find it in my research.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.