The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Inverness/Highland Campus

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey, yeah they made a big bobo, I booked my room from the 29th onwards, they only discovered yesterday that I can only get it from 31st. My dad had booked a hotel for when he moves me up! So annoyed!
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
I'm the same I'm coming up from Ireland and I booked my room from the 29th but can't get it until 31st and my family go home the 29th so I have to stay In a hotel by myself until the 31st
Reply 82
What?? did they say you cant move in till the 31st? Ive my booked for the 30th! getting worried now!!
Yeah they told me I can't get my keys until 31st which is a Saturday and they won't even be there so I have to over to the switch board in the hospital and get my key off security, have used paid a deposit yet?
Reply 84
This all sounds a nightmare! I got told I can't sort accommodation out untill I get a letter. Still waiting on this letter :/ so unorganised arnt they

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
It's an entire mess, I have paid my deposit and first months rent and saturday night, £9 if you were curious. Its shocking that they didn't notice until now, but logical that obviously there are students who are graduating or are moving out on the friday. Just so irritating that the accomodation manager didn't care to notice this!
Reply 86
Thats crazy!! Yeah have payed deposit and rent!! She said that their office is beside the helicoptor pad and could pick up keys then?? She said nothing about no being able to move in the 30th, and was originaly meant to move up the 31st but changed the flights to the 30th and they said that was fine!! Reali dont know what to do??
Reply 87
When did you have that conversation with her? I called on Wednesday, it was fine for me to move up before 31st, then call up on Thursday, and there was a problem and I could only move in on/after 31st, I would check that you can still move in before 31st?
Reply 88
I finaly got true to her on wed and booked and payed for all then, and it was fine to move u friday! Just tryed calling but no answer! Stressed.com!
Reply 89
I'm not sure they're open today :frown:
Reply 90
Was just reading through this conversation and I have to say I'm glad it's not just me who is finding the accommodation department a complete nightmare!! They told me my keys where available to collect and now they are telling me I can't get them till the 1st!!! This is going to make for a very stressful Sunday!!!
Reply 91
I still do not have my accommodation sorted. It's so unorganised! The 1st now really! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by Agoodwin23
I still do not have my accommodation sorted. It's so unorganised! The 1st now really! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best thing to do is phone them! They are not very good at communicating I have found them totally useless. All emails are as short as can be. Yip told me the first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by rebeccamoore5
I'm the same I'm coming up from Ireland and I booked my room from the 29th but can't get it until 31st and my family go home the 29th so I have to stay In a hotel by myself until the 31st

I'm stuck in the same situation now 😓 I have no idea where to stay and I'm so annoyed because I could've booked later flights and spent more time with my family! I wish Stirling were a little more helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
I've just got a call from accommodation saying they've found a room for me from the 29th which is a HUGE relief!! I'd definitely give them a call as they may be able to help, especially if you're coming from further afield! 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
I finaly got true again!!! they said its ok for me to move up on friday!! that my room will be ready?? Bit relieved! Dats really annoying that they wont let u move in til the 31st!
Reply 96
That's really annoying that they will let everyone else change dates but they won't let me! They still say I can only get my keys on the 1st (Sunday). :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by Alison92
That's really annoying that they will let everyone else change dates but they won't let me! They still say I can only get my keys on the 1st (Sunday). :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

THAT SUCKS! Seriously! Such a shambles, maybe you could put your foot down and tell them how out of order this all is!
I moved in today and its nice enough just give the kitchen a clean and aired it out!
Reply 99
Any chance of some photos please? How you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest