The Student Room Group

OCR MEI AS Mathematics M1 10/06/2013

This thread is for everybody taking the Mechanics 1 exam on the 10th June :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matt_dragon
This thread is for everybody taking the Mechanics 1 exam on the 10th June :smile:

Hello there :smile:, have you got any notes on this or are you still learning the module ?
Reply 2
Original post by madrevision
Hello there :smile:, have you got any notes on this or are you still learning the module ?

I think I've still got 3 chapters left, and no I don't unfortunately :frown: I need to spend more time on this as I've neglected it recently.
Original post by Matt_dragon
I think I've still got 3 chapters left, and no I don't unfortunately :frown: I need to spend more time on this as I've neglected it recently.

same here i'm just finding it hard to revise the module seeing as my school hasn't covered quite a large chunk of it.
c2 gone to s**t need to focus on this i'll make some notes and study that stuff like there's no tomorrow
Reply 5
c2 gone to s**t need to focus on this i'll make some notes and study that stuff like there's no tomorrow

C2 was horrible indeed :frown:
Reply 6
C2 was alright, people! its all about perspective :colondollar:
Original post by Geronimo!
C2 was alright, people! its all about perspective :colondollar:

yh I know that, I already said that in the c2 thread, the only reason I pretty much left a lot of blanks is because I had a panic attack and just couldn't think
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
yh I know that, I already said that in the c2 thread, the only reason I pretty much left a lot of blanks is because I had a panic attack and just couldn't think
i had the same in c1 on monday, i think im gonna retake that unit again! :angry:
Reply 9
Im so glad this exam is on the 10th of june, quite few weeks away
Reply 10
Im in year 13 and this exam is a resit for me after getting an E in january :frown: Ive just resat core 1 and 2 as well but that was because of health reasons last year haha. How is everyones revision going? The thing that caught me out in january was the style of questions, everyone at my sixth form agreed it was a hard paper but i had done a ton of prep by doing text book questions etc and not as many past papers. So my advice is to just do as many past papers as you can between now and the exam, so you get used to how they word the questions etc. I actually got my paper back and virtually all my mistakes were really silly! like using suvat equations when the accelleration wasnt constant etc! Or reading the question wrong/ misinterpreting what it was asking you to do :/ praying for a B in this exam now! Really need a B overall to get into Uni, im hoping for an A/B in c1 and c2 as well!
Reply 11
Original post by louisam95
Im in year 13 and this exam is a resit for me after getting an E in january :frown: Ive just resat core 1 and 2 as well but that was because of health reasons last year haha. How is everyones revision going? The thing that caught me out in january was the style of questions, everyone at my sixth form agreed it was a hard paper but i had done a ton of prep by doing text book questions etc and not as many past papers. So my advice is to just do as many past papers as you can between now and the exam, so you get used to how they word the questions etc. I actually got my paper back and virtually all my mistakes were really silly! like using suvat equations when the accelleration wasnt constant etc! Or reading the question wrong/ misinterpreting what it was asking you to do :/ praying for a B in this exam now! Really need a B overall to get into Uni, im hoping for an A/B in c1 and c2 as well!
Best of luck and i hope you get your A in M1 :wink:
Reply 12
how is everyone revising for m1? ive never been taught it and i have 5 days to revise the whole of it :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by JG1027
how is everyone revising for m1? ive never been taught it and i have 5 days to revise the whole of it :frown:

Questions from each chapter in the textbook (not all of the questions, I usually aim for about 3-5 in each subchapter) and I need to start past papers on fri/sat :/
DREADING THIS EXAM
Reply 14
I just want to get this exam out of the way so I can relax!
Reply 15
same :frown: so do you think past papers for 5 days would be enough to get at least a C ?
Reply 16
Original post by JG1027
same :frown: so do you think past papers for 5 days would be enough to get at least a C ?

yeh! why not :biggrin:
Reply 17
I'm sitting this exam at A2. I did S1 at AS.
I really need a high B or an A in M1 because I feel C4 might not go great. :colondollar:
Reply 18
I'm sitting this exam in year 12, because I am hoping that if S1 goes really badly this can be substituted in for my AS grade, but I don't think C1 or C2 went very well :s-smilie: hopefully it's just nerves that made me think it went badly :tongue: does anyone have any tips for remembering the formula to use in this exam?
Reply 19
Hey anyone what are the other formulas we need to know for example i know how to use suvats but for projectiles there are ranges (horizontal) and the path of prejecticles what are they ? :frown: and what are the wordings we need to know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending