The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck guys, I took finished my A-level last year :biggrin:. The words "heat under reflux" and "concentrated sulphuric acid" have haunted me ever since.
im not looking forward to this !!
Original post by xxSherlockxx
Good luck guys, I took finished my A-level last year :biggrin:. The words "heat under reflux" and "concentrated sulphuric acid" have haunted me ever since.

this right here is my motivation to learn those conditions and reagents
In all seriousness, make sure you learn those reagents and conditions. The A2 Summer exam has a massive list of them, any of which can come up. They're easy marks, don't lose them by not learning them!
In all seriousness, make sure you learn those reagents and conditions. The A2 Summer exam has a massive list of them, any of which can come up. They're easy marks, don't lose them by not learning them!

May I ask where to get this list of reagents and conditions? What exactly are they for?
Original post by evenstar95
May I ask where to get this list of reagents and conditions? What exactly are they for?

I'm not sure where you can get them from, my chemistry teacher gave me mine. I think you can find it somewhere in the Chemical Ideas textbook though. They are all the conditions for various reactions, things like alcohol to aldehyde to carboxylic acid/ketone. Carboxylic acid to amines, amines to amides, etc.

Just looked it up, Chapter 14.2, but as I said, that is A2.
I'm not sure where you can get them from, my chemistry teacher gave me mine. I think you can find it somewhere in the Chemical Ideas textbook though. They are all the conditions for various reactions, things like alcohol to aldehyde to carboxylic acid/ketone. Carboxylic acid to amines, amines to amides, etc.

Just looked it up, Chapter 14.2, but as I said, that is A2.
No you need to learn some for the F332 exam, the list for that in the f332 thread here on tsr :smile:
Original post by madrevision
No you need to learn some for the F332 exam, the list for that in the f332 thread here on tsr :smile:

Sorry, I meant the whole lot was for A2
Reply 9
Anyone got f331 Jan 2013 markscheme? Would like to mark this paper over the weekend rather than wait till monday, thanks.
Reply 10
Hey guys, how can you easily distinguish between nucleophilic substitution, electrophilic substitution, radical substitution and elimination reactions?
Reply 11
Original post by ElChapo
Anyone got f331 Jan 2013 markscheme? Would like to mark this paper over the weekend rather than wait till monday, thanks.

Here is the markscheme, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=210305&d=1366452870
Have you got the paper?? Haha really want to have a go at at :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by evenstar95

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368967740.359811.jpg
Made this if its any help! But this won't be so useful in the F331 exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie
Hey guys, how can you easily distinguish between nucleophilic substitution, electrophilic substitution, radical substitution and elimination reactions?

Sub - something is removed. and replaced by something else
Add- something adds itself to a double bond (reactant loses d bond). and idk about the rest my f332 revision is currently pending- look in the revision guide...:smile:
physics done- chemistry here I come :smile:
Reply 15
Does anyone have a list of questions, which normally comes up in F331?
Reply 16
Just finished OCR biology exam today.
I have this exam on Thursday too, does anyone have any predictions?
Reply 17
Original post by CompSci1
Does anyone have a list of questions, which normally comes up in F331?

Really bro? A list? lol just do some papers, but there is always a question on octane number, bond angle and shape, heterogeneous catalysts, absorption and emission and mass spec
Reply 18
Can anyone help me out this is really bugging me and I know it should be easy:

2N2O(g) ---> 2N2(g) + O2

Standard enthalpy change of formation for NO2 = +82.0 kJmol^-1

Calculate enthalpy change under standard conditions for this reaction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by AGKhan
Can anyone help me out this is really bugging me and I know it should be easy:

2N2O(g) ---> 2N2(g) + O2

Standard enthalpy change of formation for NO2 = +82.0 kJmol^-1

Calculate enthalpy change under standard conditions for this reaction