The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Choosing LCC illustration - help?

Hi all,

I have been accepted at LCC to study illustration and visual communication.
Im trying to decide between there or London metropolitan and would really appreciate some advice.

from what I have seen and heard about the met, its not a very good uni, and alot of people seem to give LCC good credebility.

Im also aware that LCC have a more practical approach to illustration where they go out and experiment rather than sit in a studio and draw - personally i prefer the traditional approaches to illustration, but do i have the option of doing this?

peoples advice and experience at either the metropolitan and LCC would be a great help!
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by catscats
Hi all,

I have been accepted at LCC to study illustration and visual communication.
Im trying to decide between there or London metropolitan and would really appreciate some advice.

from what I have seen and heard about the met, its not a very good uni, and alot of people seem to give LCC good credebility.

Im also aware that LCC have a more practical approach to illustration where they go out and experiment rather than sit in a studio and draw - personally i prefer the traditional approaches to illustration, but do i have the option of doing this?

peoples advice and experience at either the metropolitan and LCC would be a great help!
Thank you!

If you dont like the "experiemental" then go for the other one, thats all I can say.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by brgb
If you dont like the "experiemental" then go for the other one, thats all I can say.

I'm quite open to experimenting and what LCC has to offer, I would like to know other people's experience there though, to give me a better understanding of what it's like
with LCC they do push you to be 'out there' and such, but you do get lots of studio time as well, so if your issue is with getting to work in a studio rather than working in a more conventional way then i would go for LCC. they do push you to challenge the conventions of illustration though, so if you're not one for working out of your comfort zone maybe you'd be happier at london met? i'm don't know much about the course there though.
Reply 4
yeah I got that impression of them. I tend to be more into conventional/ traditional illustration so will probably appreciate studio time more, but I am open to trying new things (: thanks for the response!
Original post by catscats
yeah I got that impression of them. I tend to be more into conventional/ traditional illustration so will probably appreciate studio time more, but I am open to trying new things (: thanks for the response!

i'm the same as you, got an offer for LCC but chose camberwell instead as they won't push you to make completely crazy stuff and i prefer the more traditional feel to the college, but i'm really jealous that LCC has a sandwich year - sounds amazing and would really help with employment!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending