The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 3 - anyone else?

So I'm revising for this exam on the 14th may, just wondering who else is taking it, what you think is the hardest, and what you'd say the dread 6 marker could be on?
Reply 1
Original post by tommcq97
So I'm revising for this exam on the 14th may, just wondering who else is taking it, what you think is the hardest, and what you'd say the dread 6 marker could be on?

Which topic have you revised least? I guarantee that'll be the topic of the 6 marker :tongue:
Reply 2
Im hoping the six marker will be on one of the sections in 3b i dont care which one but i find that section so much easier than the others.
Reply 3
Here are the official threads for exam discussion and revision techniques:

Biology

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2291132

Physics

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post42502799
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Please can anyone explain the whole stomata on the upper leaf bit and how it affects water loss? I really don't get it
Reply 5
Original post by shezz4
Please can anyone explain the whole stomata on the upper leaf bit and how it affects water loss? I really don't get it

The stomata is the gaps in the middle of the gaurd cell which can close to stop water loss. water loss is lost from evaporation mostly on windy/warm days. I think that may be about it :smile:
Reply 6
Just done a past paper and did terribly. 3b seems ok but not at all confident.
Reply 7
I'm feeling quite prepared for it. I expect the 6 marker to be something to do with explaining how the heart pumps blood around the body, mostly because it's new to the specification.
I'm hoping there's a longer question on kidney transplants/dialysis, because that's pretty straight forward. I think B3/B2 is easier than the others, particularly the section on humans and the environment.
I've got this module first then the B2 resit straight after, yay...
Reply 9
Do we need to know the theory of biogenesis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending