Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    MUSIC TECHNOLOGY

Did the AS paper today and the only things I got stuck on was buddy holly and SPL
    Other than that the transcription questions were my weakest, everything else went greàt

What about you guys ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ML94)
    MUSIC TECHNOLOGY

Did the AS paper today and the only things I got stuck on was buddy holly and SPL
    Other than that the transcription questions were my weakest, everything else went greàt

What about you guys ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just did Elvis and bill Haley... I think it was okay. The hip hop section was hard... Especially the table and the drum questions... the 8 marker was good though! Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    What I saw the tr 808 was in the 80s and hip hop started in the 70s so how on earth is that going to influence hip hop 10 years later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ML94)
    What I saw the tr 808 was in the 80s and hip hop started in the 70s so how on earth is that going to influence hip hop 10 years later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didnt know anything to do with the drum sampling kit. So I just guessed and got it wrong. The TR 808 was the only drum sampler on the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ML94)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiphop started in the 70s but carried on developing much later than that, the tr 808 really influenced hip hop artists in the 80s and 90s.

Check this out if you have some spare time and are interested http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...303s_and_909s/

ReputationRep:
    I mean for me that is misleading to say early hip hop y'know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, fair enough

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.