The Student Room Group

AS and A2 exam after thread

MUSIC TECHNOLOGY

Did the AS paper today and the only things I got stuck on was buddy holly and SPL
Other than that the transcription questions were my weakest, everything else went greàt

What about you guys ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by ML94
MUSIC TECHNOLOGY

Did the AS paper today and the only things I got stuck on was buddy holly and SPL
Other than that the transcription questions were my weakest, everything else went greàt

What about you guys ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just did Elvis and bill Haley... I think it was okay. The hip hop section was hard... Especially the table and the drum questions... the 8 marker was good though! Fingers crossed.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
What I saw the tr 808 was in the 80s and hip hop started in the 70s so how on earth is that going to influence hip hop 10 years later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ML94
What I saw the tr 808 was in the 80s and hip hop started in the 70s so how on earth is that going to influence hip hop 10 years later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt know anything to do with the drum sampling kit. So I just guessed and got it wrong. The TR 808 was the only drum sampler on the list.
Reply 4
Original post by ML94

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiphop started in the 70s but carried on developing much later than that, the tr 808 really influenced hip hop artists in the 80s and 90s.

Check this out if you have some spare time and are interested http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01r3xly/BBC_Radio_1s_Stories_808s_303s_and_909s/
Reply 5
I mean for me that is misleading to say early hip hop y'know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yeah, fair enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending