The Student Room Group

A2 paper as an AS mock?

Our maths teacher gave us an A2 paper with AS content and it was incredibly hard and everyone complained about it. Surely that isnt right, right? And she didnt even give us a heads up beforehand. We were made to practice a ton of AS styled questions for homework every week
Reply 1
Better suffer now rather than in the real exam surely.
Original post by canthinkofone
Our maths teacher gave us an A2 paper with AS content and it was incredibly hard and everyone complained about it. Surely that isnt right, right? And she didnt even give us a heads up beforehand. We were made to practice a ton of AS styled questions for homework every week

Have you covered A2 content in school?
Original post by 5hyl33n
Have you covered A2 content in school?

Nope. We finished AS content then did the mocks & prior to the mocks we were set an AS paper every week & they suddenly gave us an A2 style paper but with AS topics.
Reply 4
Nope. We finished AS content then did the mocks & prior to the mocks we were set an AS paper every week & they suddenly gave us an A2 style paper but with AS topics.

Well when you do your first a2 paper it will be very hard and if they have organised special a2 papers with only content covered this far then we’ll done them. You have a good department there.
Original post by nerak99
Well when you do your first a2 paper it will be very hard and if they have organised special a2 papers with only content covered this far then we’ll done them. You have a good department there.

I understand where your coming from but I think they should've told us that beforehand so that we could prepare ourselves for A2 level difficulty questions, We went into the exam expecting AS but got something different.
ill bsr at least you've seen it now - you cant do much on it? I dont understand what the actual issue is as yes that's slightly unfair but what's done is done :smile:/
I understand where your coming from but I think they should've told us that beforehand so that we could prepare ourselves for A2 level difficulty questions, We went into the exam expecting AS but got something different.
Original post by lcvedingdong
ill bsr at least you've seen it now - you cant do much on it? I dont understand what the actual issue is as yes that's slightly unfair but what's done is done :smile:/

Yeah but if Im being honest the reason I made this thread is because I was quite shocked at the paper and wanted to know if this was a normal thing or if it was just my school & if other schools do this too

I don’t understand what you mean by A2 style paper? You’ve covered the AS topics and that is all that came up. Yes, they might’ve been a bit more difficult, but that wouldn’t classify it as an A2 paper.

They are preparing you for what the exams will look like, which is great of your department. Perhaps, your first exam might not go as well as you wanted it to, but that is the point of mocks - identify your weaknesses and improve.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I don’t understand what you mean by A2 style paper? You’ve covered the AS topics and that is all that came up. Yes, they might’ve been a bit more difficult, but that wouldn’t classify it as an A2 paper.

They are preparing you for what the exams will look like, which is great of your department. Perhaps, your first exam might not go as well as you wanted it to, but that is the point of mocks - identify your weaknesses and improve.

the teacher told us it was an a2 paper herself.
the teacher told us it was an a2 paper herself.

Oh, I see. It was a paper with AS and A2 topics? That’s odd if you haven’t covered A2. You’ve done all you can, I would just wait for your teacher to address it.

Quick Reply

Latest