The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by William24
I just put it because modals take the infinitive? :s-smilie:

I'm not sure but I've always said "il s'agit de..." so it confused me at first but then I thought of the two verbs thing.
From what I remember of the grammar...

Monoparentale
s'agir
aient
existera (I'm hoping it's conditional or future...but I'm pretty sure it's conditional :frown:
grandissant
Reply 142
Original post by ArtisticFlair
My problem with the holidays one was that it was too easy - it was asking about the advantages/disadvantages of holidays, not tourism... I wasn't sure so I left it.

TV's good, because if you have three paragraphs, roughly divided into two bits on both parts of the question, it's easy to make relevant points. Although I do worry that I was a bit repetitive...

GRAMMAR: was it "Il peut aussi s'agir"?

I put 'S'agir' too :smile:
Reply 143
Original post by BingTaoBing

Monoparentale
s'agir
aient
existera (I'm hoping it's conditional or future...but I'm pretty sure it's conditional :frown:
grandissant

I can't even remember the one with exist! There was one with pouvoir/positive...
Reply 144
I think this went ok, for the V / F / ND one I got 1 ND - but it didn't seem right ? - also, I did the film essay, got lots of specific vocab In and talked about themes of films/music/location/actors etc , what did anyone else put for this?
Reply 145
Original post by BingTaoBing

Monoparentale
s'agir
aient
grandissant

Surely it was 'monoparentales' because it even used 'sont' in the sentence meaning plural? The si clause was an imperfect + conditional one so it would of been 'existerait'
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by DanSmeaton
My introduction consisted of all the factors that I was going to write about being brought in very briefly and sort of stating the direction in which the essay was going to go. I then started talking about the reason why the popularity of TV has declined recently. They're expensive, people have less time on their hands, parents becoming more strict with their kids, lower quality of the shows on TV and the fact that more and more young people are starting to get involved with other activities like music festivals or sports events etc. Then I dedicated a paragraph or so to each one of these factors, then started talking about the value of TV in everyday life. I said it's good for entertainment, it helps you relax, there's something for everyone, the advances in technology mean that now you're able to watch TV in HD or even 3D, and the fact that there are numerous programmes on TV which are educational (documentaries and politics shows etc). Then I moved briefly onto the future of it and summed it up in my conclusion.

Wow.

I did
Intro
Paragraph 1 - People prefer spending their time doing other things, such as reading etc. Also lots of people prefer going to the cinema or the theatre because its a more interesting experience etc
Parapraph 2 - Although people have access to many channels a lot of programmes are boring or repeated
Paragraph 3 - People are realising the health dangers of watching too much tv and so are spending more time doing sport
Paragrah 4 - However there are some people, especially youth, who do watch tv for aaaaaaaages etc
Paragraph 5 - Tv is a form of entertainment so willl always stay populaire, Also it's a great way to relax and escape daily life after a long day.
Paragraph 5 - lots of people enjoy the educational aspects e.g. documentaires and game shows. Also a good way of getting the news etc, people want to become informed about whats happening on all sides of the worlds.
Conclusion

Hopefully I wrote enough to get good content marks :frown:
Original post by Goosegogs
Wow.

I did
Intro
Paragraph 1 - People prefer spending their time doing other things, such as reading etc. Also lots of people prefer going to the cinema or the theatre because its a more interesting experience etc
Parapraph 2 - Although people have access to many channels a lot of programmes are boring or repeated
Paragraph 3 - People are realising the health dangers of watching too much tv and so are spending more time doing sport
Paragrah 4 - However there are some people, especially youth, who do watch tv for aaaaaaaages etc
Paragraph 5 - Tv is a form of entertainment so willl always stay populaire, Also it's a great way to relax and escape daily life after a long day.
Paragraph 5 - lots of people enjoy the educational aspects e.g. documentaires and game shows. Also a good way of getting the news etc, people want to become informed about whats happening on all sides of the worlds.
Conclusion

Hopefully I wrote enough to get good content marks :frown:

Sounds like yours was fairly similar to mine in many ways. From the looks of things that should get you a good content mark, although obviously I don't have much of an idea as I'm not an examiner :tongue:
Surely it was 'monoparentales' because it even used 'sont' in the sentence meaning plural? The si clause was an imperfect + conditional one so it would of been 'existerait'
Yeah I put "Monoparentales" too.
Reply 149
Sounds like yours was fairly similar to mine in many ways. From the looks of things that should get you a good content mark, although obviously I don't have much of an idea as I'm not an examiner :tongue:

I hope so! Sounds like you will do, but honestly have no idea how much they are looking for :smile:
Reply 150
In the cloze text wasnt there something about appris?
Reply 151
Original post by BenWhit95
In the cloze text wasnt there something about appris?

'compris' as it was the past participle.
Original post by Goosegogs
I hope so! Sounds like you will do, but honestly have no idea how much they are looking for :smile:
Neither do I in all honestly. I've handed in an essay before now which I thought I absolutely smashed for the content, and I ended up getting 16 for it, so you really can't tell :I
What did everyone get for the first double page of the listening section? At the end when I was looking through my paper I saw that I hadn't filled in one of them so I quickly put "peer pressure" down for the first question so I'm pretty sure I've dropped a mark there. What were the other ones though?
Reply 154
'compris' as it was the past participle.

good i think i put that

Yes you're right, it was 'monoparentales' - I just remembered it was feminine but now I remember it was plural too!
Reply 156
when we were doing the question about the AIDS thing, was our answers meant to be in french?
Original post by BenWhit95
when we were doing the question about the AIDS thing, was our answers meant to be in french?
The one about the Senegalese actress? Yes. The only answers that weren't meant to be in French were the very first listening questions.
Reply 158
What did everyone get for the first double page of the listening section? At the end when I was looking through my paper I saw that I hadn't filled in one of them so I quickly put "peer pressure" down for the first question so I'm pretty sure I've dropped a mark there. What were the other ones though?

They were: feeling alone, tension from parents, and failing at school
Reply 159
The one about the Senegalese actress? Yes. The only answers that weren't meant to be in French were the very first listening questions.

ahh thank god:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending