*Official* AQA D&T Resistant Materials June 7th 2013 Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by arcelormittal
What is the most difficult 8 marker do you reckon they could ask

I would personally hate anything on manufacturing standards like BSI or BEAB
Reply 41
Good luck to you all sitting the exam !
Good luck, my one problem is my drawing which I am practising now because I am really bad at it lol, I barely draw a stickman.
Reply 43
anyone to upload a design in these last few hours? lol
Reply 44
drawing will be my downfall

my teachers are useless and offered no help
HAHAHAHHA. I SMASHED THAT EXAM!!!!! I reckon I got full marks. As 104/120 is full ums. All I had to do was exercise my science knowledge. Thanks Dumbledore, I utilised your model answer and did it exactly as you showed it.
Reply 46
How did everyone find it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
it was ok
Reply 48
Original post by sdotd
it was ok

I thought so too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that went decently
Reply 50
it was more like a physics exam, electrical components and asking you to draw a circuit?! what was that about, anyone else find it awful, or was it just me? :L
Reply 51
yh the physics questions were very annoying
Original post by Celestial_Blade
HAHAHAHHA. I SMASHED THAT EXAM!!!!! I reckon I got full marks. As 104/120 is full ums. All I had to do was exercise my science knowledge. Thanks Dumbledore, I utilised your model answer and did it exactly as you showed it.

Awesome, glad you did well, and maybe you can beat my score then :wink: And you're very welcome, i was happy to try help others do well too :smile:
good thing I took electronics as well as resistant!
Reply 54
Hi guys I found it ok. I got A* in my project so I'm hoping I did alright in the exam...

What were the specific use for gas light and wind up torch?
What material was used for electric wire cable and why?
Also why was thermoplastic used for margarine tub and thermosetting for the electrical plug??

THX!
Reply 55
Original post by alexSH
Hi guys I found it ok. I got A* in my project so I'm hoping I did alright in the exam...

What were the specific use for gas light and wind up torch?
What material was used for electric wire cable and why?
Also why was thermoplastic used for margarine tub and thermosetting for the electrical plug??

THX!

Hey, well done!! :smile:
For the electric wire I put copper, as its a good conductor of electricity.
For the other ones, I wasn't really sure, ended up trying to make logical guesses :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm quite worried about that exam.. I hope the grade boundaries are relatively low.. I didn't find it hard, per se, but I know I've made really stupid mistakes. E.g. I neglected to revise scales of production and screwed up that 12 mark section on one-off, batch, continuous etc.. And I put HDPE as a wire insulator.. which is certainly wrong. For the material of the garden chair I wrote 'steel' which presumably is not specific enough, but justified it with 'durable, resistant to corrosion.'

And I couldn't answer the 4 mark section of the lamp-making question about connecting the wires to the switch... I have no knowledge on that at all..

It's such a shame because I've been fairly complacent about DT and really wanted an A*... I'm not sure of my coursework mark; I know it was good. Even so.. If one gets a high A, for example, in their coursework, what do you think the necessary mark would be in the exam for an A*?!
:frown: :frown:
Reply 57
Is the example of new years teddys for one off production, christmas teddys for batch and coca cola for continuous ok?
Reply 58
my teacher said that steel is correct
Reply 59
what did people put for the question about the material covering the wires? i put plastic. i get the sneaking suspicion i was meant to specify which plastic oops lol. also the electronics questions were so unfair. oh and i forgot the answer the evaluation of my design idea and only remembered as the lady said "put your pens down". fabulous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending