The Student Room Group

Mendel's first and second laws of inheritance - HELP!!

I have my A2:2 CCEA Biology exam on Monday and I cannot get my head around Mendel's laws?! I think I wasn't in class when being taught them.
Anyway - I have a really old past paper from 2001 with an essay question saying:
"Describe, with use of diagrams, how events during meiosis explain Mendel's first and second laws (law of segregation and independent assortment respectively)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :smile::smile::smile:
First law means that each parent has two alleles per gene and each offspring will randomly get one allele from each parent.

Second means that separate genes for separate traits are passed from parents to offspring independently of each other.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nathannnb
I have my A2:2 CCEA Biology exam on Monday and I cannot get my head around Mendel's laws?! I think I wasn't in class when being taught them.
Anyway - I have a really old past paper from 2001 with an essay question saying:
"Describe, with use of diagrams, how events during meiosis explain Mendel's first and second laws (law of segregation and independent assortment respectively)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :smile::smile::smile:

I have already given the reply to you in another thread. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by alleycat393
First law means that each parent has two alleles per gene and each offspring will randomly get one allele from each person.

Second means that separate genes for separate traits are passed from parents to offspring independently of each other.

Thank you so much!! That is the simplicity i needed! :-))

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending