The Student Room Group

Second Degree Funding

Hi,

I was previously studying Law but decided to withdraw in my second year due to no longer seeing myself with a career in Law. Understandably, if I want to go back to University I would have to fund my first year tuition with SFE then providing year's 2 and 3.

However, I have been considering going back to University to study Cyber Security full time at Plymouth and was wondering whether that fell under the bracket of Computing and would be entitled for SFE to pay for my full tuition under the second degree or if I would still have to pay for my first year?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Angelrk
Hi,

I was previously studying Law but decided to withdraw in my second year due to no longer seeing myself with a career in Law. Understandably, if I want to go back to University I would have to fund my first year tuition with SFE then providing year's 2 and 3.

However, I have been considering going back to University to study Cyber Security full time at Plymouth and was wondering whether that fell under the bracket of Computing and would be entitled for SFE to pay for my full tuition under the second degree or if I would still have to pay for my first year?

Hi there,

Is it two years of previous study you'll have had since leaving further education? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Is it two years of previous study you'll have had since leaving further education? Thanks, Jason

Hello,

Yes, I had completed by first Year of Law and then the majority of the second Year was also completed
Original post by Angelrk
Hello,

Yes, I had completed by first Year of Law and then the majority of the second Year was also completed

Thanks. This wouldn't be an exception course at full time level so your fees would be blocked for year 1 (if you don't hold a qualification). Unless you have CPR evidence as to why you previously were unable to complete the course. You'd still be entitled to any other funding though. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thanks. This wouldn't be an exception course at full time level so your fees would be blocked for year 1 (if you don't hold a qualification). Unless you have CPR evidence as to why you previously were unable to complete the course. You'd still be entitled to any other funding though. Thanks, Jason

Thank you! Concerning the CPR Evidence I previously had DSA concerning Depression and Anxiety for my Second Year and have a letter concerning such diagnosis from a few years prior, would this be too general as for my reasoning in leaving and need further evidence?
Original post by Angelrk
Thank you! Concerning the CPR Evidence I previously had DSA concerning Depression and Anxiety for my Second Year and have a letter concerning such diagnosis from a few years prior, would this be too general as for my reasoning in leaving and need further evidence?

Thank you. I wouldn't be able to confirm that. The assessors are the ones who determine this. I would just advise uploading a cover letter confirming why you couldn't complete your course (and when this took place), and any evidence you have that backs this up. In some occasions one piece of evidence may be enough whereas in other, they may require further information. If you're maybe able to get a letter from the university or a GP to go along with it as long as this also relates to the year you left. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Thank you. I wouldn't be able to confirm that. The assessors are the ones who determine this. I would just advise uploading a cover letter confirming why you couldn't complete your course (and when this took place), and any evidence you have that backs this up. In some occasions one piece of evidence may be enough whereas in other, they may require further information. If you're maybe able to get a letter from the university or a GP to go along with it as long as this also relates to the year you left. Thanks, Jason

That's perfect! Thank you so much for your help! :smile:
Original post by Angelrk
That's perfect! Thank you so much for your help! :smile:

You're welcome. Have a lovely weekend. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending