The Student Room Group

The 'OMG I'M GONNA FAIL MY EXAMS!!' Summer 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rollinglikerob
I was going to make this thred yesterday when I was freaking the **** out, lol

Not gonna vent much apart from saying today is gonna be intense because my PSY2 exam is in 7.5 hours and I HAVE SO MUCH TO GO OVER. :angry:

Also leaving this for people who are losing motivation but dont have time for losing motivation, etc,
[video="youtube;WTFnmsCnr6g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFnmsCnr6g[/video]

This video is amazing!! Hope his words sink in, even if I have to listen to it every morning and every night!
Original post by PhysicsGal
This video is amazing!! Hope his words sink in, even if I have to listen to it every morning and every night!

That's what I did, I think it worked :biggrin:
Reply 22
OMG I have hardly revised for my GCSE chemistry exam tomorrow I'm so worried, I can't seem to revise, I lose concentration too easily, any tips???
Going to fail Further Maths at A2. Don't understand ANYTHING from FP2, I feel a bit better about FP3 but I still feel crap about it. I don't need it for my offer, fortunately, but I don't want a bad grade in it really :frown: I did well at AS but I've just not put in enough work this summer, it seems. My January FM modules went great but these ones are hideous.

Will watch that inspirational video later, it won't load on my netbook. :smile:
Reply 24
Exams/revision = making me want to bawl my eyes out right now.
Reply 25
hi everyone!!

I was hoping someone could give me some advice because im so stuck and confused right now

i just finished my A2 exams, just got one physics exam left

my a2 finals have not gone how i wanted them to go, and i JUST KNOW i haven't performed well.

i took maths physics and chemistry at AS and got AAD (the D was in chemistry, I got a low A in maths and a high A in physics)

i have continued these subjects on to A2.

i had a few issues going on at home this year in january and it really affected my january grades...i failed all my january exams apart from the physics one.
so obviously, i ended up doing loads of resits and i can honestly say, very few of my exams have gone well.

I need ABB for university and im confident that i will get an A in physics, it's my strongest point and the exams have gone well...............
but i seriously screwed up,(and when i mean screwed up i mean BIG TIME) my core 3 and core 4 maths exams (not that i have a problem understanding the material, i just kept getting mindblocks in the exam and i get really anxious during exams too) i understand everything my maths teachers teach in class, i just have a really difficult time remembering things sometimes

so i can't guarantee ive got an A/B in a level maths because i screwed the main ones up :frown: and the core 3 and core 4 exam papers weren't even that bad!!!!

and last of all is chemistry. i resat my AS chemistry modules this month to get my AS grade up and they went really well but the A2 ones went AWFUL. I haven't learnt anything in chemistry this year because my teacher went on maternity leave and the rest of the the chemistry teachers are useless. I only answered half of my A2 synoptic paper it went so bad. I need a B in chemistry and i have a feeling i'll come out with a D/E

I'm kinda upset right now and I don;t know what to do!! this isn't like gcse, you know when you've done well in gcses but a level exams are so unpredictable :frown: you could think you did awesome and still come out with an E.
I don't mind doing another year at college if i didnt get accepted into uni but that would mean i would have to wait till may/june 2014 for my exams as ocr are scrapping january exams!! :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Just did my last two GCSE 2013 exams, physics and history.
They both went so badly.
And now my whole summer will tainted with the sick feeling about results day.
Its so annoying because everyone's like 'Omg GCSES are so easy' and I found them quite hard!
I want to do medicine but I swear you need like 12 A*'s and it just feels like I haven't done that well in GCSES let alone A Levels.

GAH SYDGSNOWHEKE
(edited 10 years ago)
I am in exactly the same position as you! I really wanted to do medicine and I was predicted the GCSE results I would need, but my exams have been terrible :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by whizzkid24601
I am in exactly the same position as you! I really wanted to do medicine and I was predicted the GCSE results I would need, but my exams have been terrible :frown:

It sucks so bad :angry::angry:

Oh well, I just want to know now! The wait it just killing me and its been like 5 hours...
Reply 29
Original post by Ava-
Just did my last two GCSE 2013 exams, physics and history.
They both went so badly.
And now my whole summer will tainted with the sick feeling about results day.
Its so annoying because everyone's like 'Omg GCSES are so easy' and I found them quite hard!
I want to do medicine but I swear you need like 12 A*'s and it just feels like I haven't done that well in GCSES let alone A Levels.

GAH SYDGSNOWHEKE

Original post by whizzkid24601

Lol when I was waiting for my GCSE results I was worried that I had done terribly/failed most of my exams and so wouldn't be able to apply to the uni course I wanted to but met all of my predictions came out with 9A*s - was pretty surprised :')

If you've worked hard you'll be fine. :smile: Try not to think about it too much and enjoy the summer :P
Reply 30
I know I have definitely missed the B I need in A level Maths.
I got a B overall at AS (212ums) and I got a D (51ums) on C3 in Jan.
I resat C3 aswell as sitting C4 and M1.
C3 went really bad, according to the unofficial mark scheme I've probably got an E and I know I definitely haven't got high B's in M1 and C4 to pull the grade up :frown:
I just got I've got at least a D in C4 and M1 so I can get a C overall.

I'm not sure how chemistry has gone to be honest, I sat F322, F324 and F325.
Got a C overall for AS and previously achieved a D in F322 and an E in F325.
My F322 resit went amazing and I'm hoping for a good A (bringing my AS up to an A overall), F325 went okay and I think I got a mid C on that. F324 went pretty well and I'm hoping for a B/A in that. So depending on how things really went I could get anything from a C to an A.

Biology is the only subject where I'm pretty confident I will get the B I need.
I only sat F214 and it went so well! According to the unofficial markscheme I have between 41-46/60 which is a B/A and I only need a mid D in biology to get a B overall so hopefully I will get at least one of my predicted grades :tongue:
Reply 31
My last A level exam went horrendously. New medication has been making me seriously spaced out and confused and given me insomnia, nightmares etc. So my revision has been affected as well as exams. Got doctors notes etc but for some reason I feel like exam boards won't take it into account :frown:
I feel like I can kiss goodbye to uni altogether nevermind my 1st choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending