The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Guys, wasn't the march exam easier than this one? So, doesn't that mean the grade boundaries would be lower now? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iamkay
Guys, wasn't the march exam easier than this one? So, doesn't that mean the grade boundaries would be lower now? :smile:

Yes and probably
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1582
I counted 51 in this paper (or round about) and about 50 in the non calculator (or again, round about)... so I think I got 101 overall... maybe but i'd say I got a minimum of 95, so about 95-101.. any idea what Grade that'd be? B or a C?:smile:
Also, any one have predictions for this years grade boundaries?
Reply 1583
Probably an alright B :smile: considering the exams were a harder than in march, a B is probably around 83-87 marks :smile: fingers crossed
Hey, for question 26 would I get any marks for drawing a tree diagram. I included values like 3 out of ten and 2 out of 9, but the answer i got was wrong
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Nope, march paper was the highest grade boundaries for this spec, i doubt it would be 66 and I think it will be 60 for a C.

oh okay! thank you!
25. Simultaneous equations

x = 2.87 and y = -0.87

x = -0.87 and y = 2.87 (6 marks)

Mr M i think you got this one wrong because i got 3.25 and -1.25 as my answer. Am i correct or are you correct? :cool:

x = 2.87 and y = -0.87

This is WRONG!! The answer is 3.25 and -1.25
Reply 1588
Original post by bbbtsr
I counted 51 in this paper (or round about) and about 50 in the non calculator (or again, round about)... so I think I got 101 overall... maybe but i'd say I got a minimum of 95, so about 95-101.. any idea what Grade that'd be? B or a C?:smile:
Also, any one have predictions for this years grade boundaries?

Should be over a B:')
Original post by benjamincase97

x = 2.87 and y = -0.87

This is WRONG!! The answer is 3.25 and -1.25

No its not

Mr M's answer is right
For question 6 I put:

15000/60 = 250

250/60 = 4.1666...

4.1666 x 20 = 83.333...

Would I get any marks for this??
Hi guys,

I need to get a B and was wondering what the grade boundaries were. I checked the Edexcel website and they said it was 99 for a B. Can this be approved?

People are saying it will be between 83-87 as the March paper was a lot harder.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :smile:
Original post by alphiekaratay
Hi guys,

I need to get a B and was wondering what the grade boundaries were. I checked the Edexcel website and they said it was 99 for a B. Can this be approved?

The March 2013 paper was a lot harder?!?!? You mean this paper was harder than the March one?
Original post by shibucool
The March 2013 paper was a lot harder?!?!? You mean this paper was harder than the March one?

Sorry yeah that's what I meant.
Reply 1594
what if it was 170 for an a*?:eek:
for the boundaries i also think everybody should consider that the majority of the population take their exam in june therefore there are people with different abilities...thats why i think that just because nearly everybody on this forum found it relatively easy it doesnt mean the grade boundaries are going to be high. the June 2012 paper is an example...it wasnt difficult at all ! and the grade boundaries were good 164 for an A* thats why i think the grade boundaries for an A* are going to be around 163 or so. Also a lot of people came out finding the non cal difficult so i was really suprised about the comments here :smile:
heyyy guys i got around 165 in total is that enough ???
Reply 1597
Original post by alphiekaratay
Hi guys,

They aren't released until just before the exam, I reckon a B will be around 90-95
could somebody answer me pleaseee :smile:
Reply 1599
For Q4, I got 0.63 but then multiplied it by 100 rather than 200.
How many marks will I drop?

Latest

Trending

Trending