The Student Room Group

Business Studies A2 Edexcel Unit 4 6BS04 Superdry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
this time contingency is important toooooo
Reply 21
this time contingency is important toooooo
Reply 22
hey,,,,,,,,,in a 20-30 marker question what type of contingent plan should we consider..i mean how many?
i think in that 9 marker question of launching new product categories..we shoul consider only bout financial crisis planning....right?
Reply 23
Original post by Zulfa
hey my answers are same as well. ><...and those questions really helped...but investment appraisal will not come ..moreover CPA will come but diagram only not theory..

How do you know? Your teacher only predicted what is coming up, they dont know for certain.
Reply 24
yea but investment appraisal already came this january..and CPA too but only theoritical question was asked not diagram... my teacher and other tutors in different coaching centres too ..they suggested to b ready for decision tree analysis for a 20 marker question and franchising for 10-20 marker....
Reply 25
Original post by Dude Ranch
I think you should plan for growth and then practice using some of the ratio equations with the evidence in the prerelease with the table of assets and liabilities and stuff as my teacher said that that may come up. Also with the decision tree question what else would you write or is just the tree enough for 20 marks?

Yeah ratio analysis is sure to come up as it didn't in Jan.

Knowledge- I would explain decision tree
Application- Construct the decision tree with the data given
Analysis- Place your judgement on which choice should be taken and why-highest expected value? what about the probability? could this just have been manipulated by management for the preferences... Focus group realiable and representative of the market. a and b have a 10m difference could use other decision models to verify the decision. choice a can be market penetration while b can be seen as product development in Ansoff Matrix.
Evaluation- Conclusion-with Superdry current corp culture developing core range is better suited. However, with recent changes in corp culture (Susanne Given new to SG) and development into growth taking a risk into product development may be profitable.

Struggled but this is what i came up with.. any extras ?
Reply 26
Original post by Zulfa
hey,,,,,,,,,in a 20-30 marker question what type of contingent plan should we consider..i mean how many?
i think in that 9 marker question of launching new product categories..we shoul consider only bout financial crisis planning....right?

Maybe a contingency plan about the problems in the warehouse
Reply 27
Original post by MinaaLaLa
Yeah ratio analysis is sure to come up as it didn't in Jan.

Knowledge- I would explain decision tree
Application- Construct the decision tree with the data given
Analysis- Place your judgement on which choice should be taken and why-highest expected value? what about the probability? could this just have been manipulated by management for the preferences... Focus group realiable and representative of the market. a and b have a 10m difference could use other decision models to verify the decision. choice a can be market penetration while b can be seen as product development in Ansoff Matrix.
Evaluation- Conclusion-with Superdry current corp culture developing core range is better suited. However, with recent changes in corp culture (Susanne Given new to SG) and development into growth taking a risk into product development may be profitable.

Struggled but this is what i came up with.. any extras ?

Man thats so good I would have never thought of any of that haha. Thanks!
Reply 28
Original post by Zulfa
thank u soo much...but pls tell me relevant points about 3,4,5,7a and b :colondollar: hehe plss just pointsss

4.) Ansoff Matrix could allow Superdry to develop their products and markets
Market Penetration- Develop their SD clothing - however market could be saturated
leading to Market development- in emerging markets such as India- SD did a joint venture with reliance brand in India. Product development could see potential in Fashion market they launched underwear line. However there is already enough product choice for this. Diversification-Headphones launch into technology- higher investment, greater risks but higher reward
Reply 29
Man thats so good I would have never thought of any of that haha. Thanks!

Oh its okay :smile:
Reply 30
To what extent do financial data enable us to judge the performance of a company such as SuperGroup (30)
Assess the likely demands placed on Superdry’s resources (Financial, Physical, and Human) given rapid expansion (9)

Suggestions of points when answering these Qs?
Reply 31
To what extent do financial data enable us to judge the performance of a company such as SuperGroup (30)
Assess the likely demands placed on Superdry’s resources (Financial, Physical, and Human) given rapid expansion (9)

Suggestions of points when answering these Qs?

financial indirectly indicates the ratios...
u can talk about their balance sheet extract given in terms of ratios..and their ability of taking over CNC,and ability to expand rapidly and relocating to regent street with a 12m lease cost...
then u can evaluate and balance up with some disadvantages of ratios and takeover expensive costing or lease cost and its operational costs as well.

nd about the second question.such question will not b asked i guess as its not clear... u can say. asses the likely importance for superdry of better human resource planning, then corporate cultures etc.. questions to b asked individually...nd in 10-20 marker question btw!..
:frown:
Reply 32
Maybe a contingency plan about the problems in the warehouse

but superdry is a successful brand and doesnt seem to have warehousing prblems.. or may be???? wat do we write in case of warehousing prblems?
i think we must consider the fact of financial crises?

and hey..can u tell me whats with da growth thing?
my teachers are telling me growth is da main criteria this session.. whats this supposed to mean???????
what do we learn for growth.? corporate objectives?
and according to porters generic strategic tool does superdry has a differentiation leadership? and not having a cost leadership..?
and is superdry an ethical leader?
Reply 33
hey,,friends..lets see whether we r done and prepared for unit 4 lessons:

corporate objective/business objective
mission statement/corporate aims nd its impacts
conflict of aims (mission) superdrys expansion strategy with its existing stakeholder...
ethical behavior and profit objectives
CSR.
corporate culture(strong or weak)
impacts of corp. culture
aim of portfolio analysis ( i think its difficult for superdry to use this tool in termed of boston since superdry itself is a cashcow..
competitive advantages
strategic tools
porters five forces and its matrix. (differentiation or cost leadership - superdry) only
pest factors influencing business and its corp. strategy ( :s-smilie:.. i dunno wats dis :O...)
use of ansoff to communicate strategic decision.
investment appraisal: PBP,ARR,NPV - calculations n theories..
decision tree (very important this session)
CPA(very important as well.. just the diagram and FLOAT calculation)
unexpected order to accept :s-smilie: :s-smilie:.. i dunno wats this in my syllabus..i guess its better to know the concept only.
contingency planning-and crisis too. superdry may face financial,human resource and production crisis only.
ratios and its pros n cons
human resource department and its planning..(hey..what strategic tool or strategical or term may we use to support human resource anwser?)............
internal or external growth.. (mergers,takeovers,franchising.) hey is franchising external growth?
effects of growth? ---- such as restructuring organizational structure resulting to diseconomy of scale,
hey btw what type of organizational structure does superdry floolws?
flat right?
n it doesnt have management costs right?
and superdry has a paternalistic or democratic style??????
n wats the culture of superdy>? power culture or role culture?

pls extend ur points in ur way and write here.. i hope this helped its a whole syllabus review..and pls write if anything i have missed out... and answer my questions too and pls rewrite my stuffs relating to superdry.. :smile: thnks,trust me it will help u as well
Reply 34
im so ****ed for this exam.....
Reply 35
im so ****ed for this exam.....

Unit 4 is that tought. Right😁. Im kinda Fu**ed as well :frown:
i actually love you guys, your all teaching me things that my teachers couldnt or havent !!!
Original post by Zulfa
but superdry is a successful brand and doesnt seem to have warehousing prblems.. or may be???? wat do we write in case of warehousing prblems?
i think we must consider the fact of financial crises?

and hey..can u tell me whats with da growth thing?
my teachers are telling me growth is da main criteria this session.. whats this supposed to mean???????
what do we learn for growth.? corporate objectives?
and according to porters generic strategic tool does superdry has a differentiation leadership? and not having a cost leadership..?
and is superdry an ethical leader?

The do have warehousing problems, i think its mentioned in the spec or this could be real life application. I their stores when they sell out of a popular product they don't seem to be able to gain stock fast enough to replace it. They are then left with demand that they cant supply causing consumers to go to competitors.
I hope that helps
Reply 38
Original post by vansandeyeliner
The do have warehousing problems, i think its mentioned in the spec or this could be real life application. I their stores when they sell out of a popular product they don't seem to be able to gain stock fast enough to replace it. They are then left with demand that they cant supply causing consumers to go to competitors.
I hope that helps

Thanku so much. Bt my teacher just said to mention any crisis. Financial would be better since there are points to write.... >.< thnx a lot btw.
Reply 39
Original post by vansandeyeliner
i actually love you guys, your all teaching me things that my teachers couldnt or havent !!!

Awwww. :P actually the thing is we all r Fu***d for business unit 4...xD m just worried about the time and the essay type questions..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending