The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

MA Interpreting

Hello there! :smile:
my name is Cristina and I am a second year undergraduate student of languages at the University of Catania (Sicily). I am Italian mother tongue and I study English, Spanish, Japanese and Modern Greek . I have always dreamt of studying Conference Interpreting in UK so I am looking for some information about Interpreting full-time courses, starting in September 2014.
I spent my last two months sending e-mails to universities. However, surfing the Internet and UK PASS site, I came across lots of prestigious universities such as Westminster University, London Metropolitan University, Leeds University, Heriot-Watt University, etc., but I am still confused :s-smilie:.
Could someone give me any advice? I would like to know which one is the best university and if there is any possibility for me to start a language from scratch during the course (I would like to study French and Chinese).
In addition, I would like to know if there are any merit scholarship for International students.

P.S. I will be awarding CAE by September and Pistiipikò Ellinomatheia B1 (Greek Language Proficiency) by May.
Thank you very much for your attention!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest