The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've noticed that; it seems as though there's been a sudden explosion in knife crime recently- alot of it seems to have been unmotivated as well, I just dont understand where it's suddenly come from.
Well, part of me gets that society is more violent etc etc nowadays, but this is the extreme, and its awful.
Reply 2
i was actually talking to my economics teacher about world depressions, she thinks that we're about to face one quite soon and i quite agree with her. the way the world is progressing, i just think that the bubble is going to burst within the next 20 or so years. the future doesn't look too bleak =S
The youth of today? There is an awful lot of good things/work done by the youth of today, and sadly, you don't get to hear this (enough). The press reports bad/sad stories, this sells...It's quite a sad, sorry state of affairs really. 'Bad' news is reported far more than its antithesis.
Reply 4
yeah but most generations have done good things in their youth. the bad things get in the news because they're happening more often
it's quite worrying how many stories on the news are unmotivated attacks on/by teenagers.
and i think we do need to know about the 'bad' stuff more than the good. it's unfair that a lot of 'virtuous' teenagers get bad press but a lot of teenagers are getting a lot more violent.
soph22
yeah but most generations have done good things in their youth. the bad things get in the news because they're happening more often
it's quite worrying how many stories on the news are unmotivated attacks on/by teenagers.
and i think we do need to know about the 'bad' stuff more than the good. it's unfair that a lot of 'virtuous' teenagers get bad press but a lot of teenagers are getting a lot more violent :s-smilie:

the bad things only seem to happen more often, because of the news, growing media networks et al.

If more good news was put into the news, it'd be seen, arguably, as a cooler thing to embark in, partake in and contribute to. A 'happy' press could lend itself to more virtuousity.
Reply 6
Media controls minds!
Reply 7
nowhere is safe anymore, you are totally right.
my boyfriends 12 year old sister can't even walk 2 minutes round the corner to the church guides because of the chavs who loom in that area.
it's totally ****ing retarded to be scared to go out the house on your own at night.
and yes, they should put more happy news on. no more deaths in iraq. happy stuff, like flowers, and birds! (meaning the ones with wings..)
It's definitely being reported more now because of the weapons amnesty. Loads of people have been shot dead/stabbed to death in my area in the past and it's never made the national press; I assume it's the same in other areas.
no its not the same in my area the worst thing thats happened here is a house being robbed on the next street but sure towards the town centre there have been murders and such but nothing like teens being stabbed or shot randomly
Reply 10
At least in the good old days the scum had the common decency to keep to their own areas.

It's all that bloody public transport nonsense. Encourages the working classes to move about. A disgrace!
nothing really happens here in wallasey :confused:

Well, birkenhead is another story (LPK :p: )
It's the youth of yesterday that left the youth of today the way they are.
Reply 13
i don't think its increased i just think its reported more. violent crime has always been there, and avcording to crime statistics im sure its dropped :confused:
Reply 14
ComebackQueen
I feel like an old codger complaining but FFS how many more teenagers are gonna be fatally knifed...it's been about 5 this past two months and another girl was shot to death on Saturday...wth is wrong with people how can you just take a life and then go about your business it really gets me angry, it's like nowhere is that safe anymore, you can get off a bus and be stabbed for no reason.

They have really no moral, or for that matter a conscience.
Reply 15
The whole problem was their parents having children in their teens and then the father leaving the scene to leave the child to be brought up in a single parent flat on some tough council estate
Reply 16
Dantanion
Media controls minds!

I COULD'T AGREE WITH ANY MORE!
Reply 17
ergh, the chavs who smoke weed at the back of the bus is so bloody annoying.

hmph.

and they leave beer cans everywhere.
Reply 18
the lidl supermarket in my village has just announced that no under 18s are allowed in the shop anymore unless accompanied by an adult! this is all because of a few chavs from the local secondary school who were shoplifting and throwing things around in the shop. its sad how a select few chavs with nothing better to do can ruin things for everone else =[
pumpkin7
nowhere is safe anymore, you are totally right.
my boyfriends 12 year old sister can't even walk 2 minutes round the corner to the church guides because of the chavs who loom in that area.
it's totally ****ing retarded to be scared to go out the house on your own at night.
and yes, they should put more happy news on. no more deaths in iraq. happy stuff, like flowers, and birds! (meaning the ones with wings..)

hahaha do you write for the Daily Mail? Total reactionary.

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. Theyignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?" - Plato.

As you can see, people have been whining about the 'youth of today' for millennia.

Latest

Trending

Trending