The Student Room Group

Making friends out of school

I’ve got a group of friends at my school (year 11 if it’s relevant) and we get on fine, but my closest friend has moved away so I don’t get to see her very often. Having her stay at my house last night has made me realise just how lonely I feel without her, because my school friends and I just don’t fit the same way..
So my question is if anyone knows where is a good place to make new friends out of school to feel a bit less lonely? The only real suggestion I’ve had is sports clubs, and I am really not a sporty kind of person!
Heya! Great question! Totally get if sports clubs arent ur thing.I would highly recommend volunteering.You can meet people and theirs even opportunities to join online youth groups and also make a difference by contrubitng ur ideas without any pressure for example the mix is a great chairty for that and also uk youth so id def recommend checking them out.Googling causes your passionate about and seeing if they have volunteering opportunities or youth groups could also be a great way to make friends. Also looking at other clubs that arent sport related like book club,art,music,drama anything ur rlly interested in.I know my local library has a creative writing club and local community centres/charities might have more options so id contact them for more info.Hope that helps
Take care❤️
Original post by Em’sQuestion
I’ve got a group of friends at my school (year 11 if it’s relevant) and we get on fine, but my closest friend has moved away so I don’t get to see her very often. Having her stay at my house last night has made me realise just how lonely I feel without her, because my school friends and I just don’t fit the same way..
So my question is if anyone knows where is a good place to make new friends out of school to feel a bit less lonely? The only real suggestion I’ve had is sports clubs, and I am really not a sporty kind of person!

As others have said joining clubs and volunteering would be a great way to meet new people - you could also meet people through jobs, going to community events, visiting new places and if you're really ambitious; pen pals?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending