The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tomatochuckers
I wouldn't count anything less than a month as actual experience but that's just me

However I do think it is a way to demonstrate interest

It depends what you're applying for. If it's a graduate scheme then yes, a month would probably be too short. But for something like an internship, a months experience would be very good on an application.
I'm right in thinking that Barclays isn't going to require a Cover Letter, just a CV, yes? Looking through, it seems that is all they want when you've completed the application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by will2348
I'm right in thinking that Barclays isn't going to require a Cover Letter, just a CV, yes? Looking through, it seems that is all they want when you've completed the application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, only competency questions and CV, no cover letter.
Original post by spoli21
Yes, only competency questions and CV, no cover letter.

Also on the Goldman application, it says 'Please state your spring dates in the cover letter box below'. What is this referring to/mean? Thanks :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Also on the Goldman application, it says 'Please state your spring dates in the cover letter box below'. What is this referring to/mean? Thanks :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noticed that, but I have no clue what are they actually referring to.
Original post by spoli21
Noticed that, but I have no clue what are they actually referring to.

What are you going to put in the box then? Just leave the date off it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
What are you going to put in the box then? Just leave the date off it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they mean your spring holiday dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Hi, which universities are in the inner circle of unis that top city firms target?
Am I right to think that they're Oxford Cambridge Imperial LSE Warwick and UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matt_payne
Hi, which universities are in the inner circle of unis that top city firms target?
Am I right to think that they're Oxford Cambridge Imperial LSE Warwick and UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. But having the uni won't mean anything if you're not up to scratch as a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Yes. But having the uni won't mean anything if you're not up to scratch as a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yeah, I'm just confirming that going to one of them is a good starting point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Everyone seems to be saying that Deutsche is open but I can't seem to find it. Would someone be kind enough to post a link to it. Am I right in saying that only Goldmans and BarCap are open at the moment.
Original post by Matt_payne
Well yeah, I'm just confirming that going to one of them is a good starting point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's correct. It will make securing an interview easier, but people can get complacent. Don't be one of those :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, that's correct. It will make securing an interview easier, but people can get complacent. Don't be one of those :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just sent off RBS insight thingymajigg, complacent is my middle name. :colonhash:

Jk sent it off ages go.
Reply 93
Original post by EM1995
Everyone seems to be saying that Deutsche is open but I can't seem to find it. Would someone be kind enough to post a link to it. Am I right in saying that only Goldmans and BarCap are open at the moment.

https://secure.db.konetic.org/CAC/VacancySearch.aspx?RegionID=17&EmploymentTypeID=10&wt_eid=2137634129700302062 here is the link for DB, but they are not open.

RBS applications are open too.
Reply 94
Original post by spoli21
https://secure.db.konetic.org/CAC/VacancySearch.aspx?RegionID=17&EmploymentTypeID=10&wt_eid=2137634129700302062 here is the link for DB, but they are not open.

RBS applications are open too.

Thanks man much appreciated.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Just sent off RBS insight thingymajigg, complacent is my middle name. :colonhash:

Jk sent it off ages go.

Hilarious
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Hilarious

I don't know you, why did you quote my message to someone else :rolleyes:
Reply 97
Hi I am entering first year this september, and im trying to apply for barclays spring insight.
under higher education they are asking for grades, expected or obtained, what should i even list, i havent even started first year or even done any exams o.o
Reply 98
Original post by AnApple
Hi I am entering first year this september, and im trying to apply for barclays spring insight.
under higher education they are asking for grades, expected or obtained, what should i even list, i havent even started first year or even done any exams o.o

Put down your expecting a first of course! :tongue:
Reply 99
Original post by 3DDY
Put down your expecting a first of course! :tongue:

Hahaha ! btw has anyone started with the online testing for barclays??

Latest

Trending

Trending