The Student Room Group

Name that element - Chemistry game

This idea is in my mind for some weeks. The principle is simple: An element from PSE should be find out by clues and informations about them. The member who thought an element out give a clue first, then other members ask questions about the element (the position in PSE and the properties), then the member who thought the element out give answers to the questions in the form of 'yes' and 'no'. If a member believes to know the element, then the member names it. If the answer is right, then the member who have guessed the element is the next to think a new element out, if the answer is wrong, then it goes on. Ready? here we go!

What is the element? here is a clue!

The element which is in my mind counts to the halogens, but its not radioactive!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Is it a gas at room temperature?

No, that isn't right! by the way it is an noble gas.
Original post by Kallisto
No, that isn't right! by the way it is an noble gas.

It's a noble gas, but you think it should be a halogen? :lolwut:
Original post by ST_STACKING
Is it a gas at room temperature?

Yes, this gas exists at room temperature.
Reply 6
I don't understand what you mean by "counts to the halogens"?
Reply 7
Xe?
Helium then?
Original post by BooAlphie
I don't understand what you mean by "counts to the halogens"?

The element is a halogen, that is to say it is able to make salt in a reaction with certain reactants. There are more than one Halogen and this element counts to this group.

Original post by BooAlphie
Xe?

Did you mean xenon? no, that isn't right!
it is an noble gas.

The element is a halogen

???? :confused:
Reply 11
The element is a halogen, that is to say it is able to make salt in a reaction with certain reactants. There are more than one Halogen and this element counts to this group.

Did you mean xenon? no, that isn't right!

I knew it wasn't right because it didn't fit the criteria, but it's my favourite XD
I'm waiting for the moment when we've asked every noble gas and he still says 'no'.
Chlorine?
Reply 14
Wow I have no idea. I was always taught that nobel gases are unreactive....... so won't form salts with certain reactants.......:confused:
Reply 15
Original post by PythianLegume
I'm waiting for the moment when we've asked every noble gas and he still says 'no'.

lol
Do people seriously not know what elements the halogens are?
Reply 17
Radon?
Reply 18
Original post by JMaydom
Do people seriously not know what elements the halogens are?

Group 7, but he said it's a Noble Gas not a Halogen?
This idea is in my mind for some weeks. The principle is simple: An element from PSE should be find out by clues and informations about them. The member who thought an element out give a clue first, then other members ask questions about the element (the position in PSE and the properties), then the member who thought the element out give answers to the questions in the form of 'yes' and 'no'. If a member believes to know the element, then the member names it. If the answer is right, then the member who have guessed the element is the next to think a new element out, if the answer is wrong, then it goes on. Ready? here we go!

What is the element? here is a clue!

The element which is in my mind counts to the halogens, but its not radioactive!

Also, only At is considered radioactive. If you are counting the what is likely to be very low radioactivities of e.g. Br and I then this is a bit silly as they are perfectly stable.

Quick Reply

Latest