The Student Room Group

Change of career

In college, I didn't know what career I wanted, but I do and did have an interest in beauty. I did beauty therapy level 2&3 which was a few years ago and passed both with Merits. Now I am 21 I have become interested in pharmacy...

These are the requirements:
AAB including Chemistry and at least one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics at A Level and excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A Levels we require a pass in the practical element. Mathematics and English Language both required at GCSE, minimum grade C or 4, if not offered at A or AS Level. Offers are made subject to satisfying fitness to practise conditions.

I have my GCSEs including science, but as stated above I did beauty, which had elements of anatomy and physiology. Do I have a chance or what should I do from here?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by pearlygirlyxo
In college, I didn't know what career I wanted, but I do and did have an interest in beauty. I did beauty therapy level 2&3 which was a few years ago and passed both with Merits. Now I am 21 I have become interested in pharmacy...

These are the requirements:
AAB including Chemistry and at least one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics at A Level and excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A Levels we require a pass in the practical element. Mathematics and English Language both required at GCSE, minimum grade C or 4, if not offered at A or AS Level. Offers are made subject to satisfying fitness to practise conditions.

I have my GCSEs including science, but as stated above I did beauty, which had elements of anatomy and physiology. Do I have a chance or what should I do from here?

You have already been advised correctly that your qualification will not allow you to take a Pharmacy degree. It doesnt have anywhere near the level of Chemistry required. You were advised to take an access course in science. The other otion is a foundation course. Those are the facts and trying to get a different answer wont help you get into university for Pharmacy.

Pharmacy is basically an academic course with large amounts of Chemistry involved and also smaller amounts of Maths and Biology. It is about the making of drugs and how they react. You need a high level of science knowledge which your course didnt offer. You are not going to get offers for Pharmacy without a far more Chemistry based knowledge. This is FACT.

One of the posters who gave you this information is very experienced in Admissions including Pharmacy. It is time for you to face reality and either show you are capable of the necessary standard by taking an appropriate course or giving up on the idea. If you dont want to accept the honest truth why ask for advice.

If you dont believe the advice given then just apply and find out for yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending