The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Whats everyone's timetables like? Anyone wanna upload their timetable? thankssss
Original post by MattFletcher
I like leaning :biggrin: italy-pisa-the-leaning-tower-bgk.jpg

Aha :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samptl
Whats everyone's timetables like? Anyone wanna upload their timetable? thankssss

I don't get mine until Friday :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samptl

image.jpg
I posted mine yesterday but, in case you missed it, here's mine again!
(Each full block/lesson is about 1hr 30 mins on average, and the 2 support classes are about 45 minutes each.)
Original post by samptl

I assume I get mine when I first arrive? I haven't got it yet
Reply 4005
Yay!!! Starting sixth form today soo excited! Good luck to everyone else! Agh feels weird getting ready without uniform

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4006
Original post by Lucas.
Exactly! I have no regrets about doing all the stupid stuff I did in school. :smile: I'm just glad I made the most of it and had a great time! :tongue:

Why, what stupid stuff have you done? :tongue:

Can't remember many specifics, but plenty of stuff involving the male area no doubt :tongue:

Snow 'structures', plenty of graffiti on white boards/people's books... I remember a lot of running when we saw teachers too :lol:

Original post by MattFletcher
haha we don't have to do any of them, it's just to see what you can sign up for

Nice :smile: I hope our school are similar then!
Reply 4007
Original post by RagaZ
Yay!!! Starting sixth form today soo excited! Good luck to everyone else! Agh feels weird getting ready without uniform

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I know it feels weird but liberating:tongue: Have fun!:biggrin:
Meanwhile I've only just received the envelope with my GCSE results xD can it just remain forever unopened? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm nervous and excited for Friday.
[video="youtube_share;QM_rIaUm7ac"]http://youtu.be/QM_rIaUm7ac[/video]
Love the cat empire :love:

So how are all? School tomorrow :sigh:
Anyone here doing Maths,FM,Physics and Chemistry?
Reply 4012
Had a really good first morning at sixth form. So weird because realistically I should have been at sixth form last year but I went to college for a year and hated it so I'm with the year below, I'm the oldest there haha so trying to make friends with the year I'm with now. Really enjoyed going back to my school, I start properly tomorrow :smile:
We need some more first day experiences! Spill the beans!
Original post by ThisisPhysic

Yes I'm doing all 4. Maths, FM and physics is edexcel and Chemistry is OCR what about you?

swap FM for IT and it's my subjects!
Hi guys Here are my AS results
Maths - A*
Further Maths -A
Physics -B
History -B

I am thinking about dropping physics as I am not really into it, and taking AS economics as I want to do it at uni.
What confuses me is that whether I can only choose unis with requirements A*AB
if i retake history next year and get an A, can i apply unit with at least A*AA this autumn?

Also, with these grades, is is possible for me to get in ucl or lse for economics?

Thank you very much!:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
*slithers in*

Hey guys :smile: I hope it doesn't put you off that I'm not doing A Levels but the IB...
Haven't started college yet, my first day is on the 9th :3
Original post by SophieB1997
Haha everyone says that, they're only 35 minutes long. It would seem that the majority of people have longer ones as all the new girls at my school were so confused by how you fit 9 periods in one day

Oh wow, I don’t think I’d like having lessons that short really! It wouldn’t be very good for PE, and with other lessons when you’re trying to do a past paper you’d have to shop halfway through :tongue: I have five hour-long lessons per day, I like it because you have long enough to go into a good depth of a topic.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:rofl::facepalm:

Guys I'm immature... Please say lessons instead of periods

"How can you fit 9 periods in a day?" is making me :giggle:

….please say you’re not doing Biology! Crazy kid

Original post by Lucas.
Yeah I guess that's true. Plus (it might just be the teachers I've had/seen) I think language teachers seem to be the most enthusiastic teacher - apart from Physics teachers, bless 'em.

He was amazing! When we had our first lesson with him he made us wait outside, and before we were allowed in he said he wanted to tell us something. All he said was, "If you're one of those kids that likes to go up to teachers and shout, 'Sir! Sir! Look what I've done! Are you proud of me?', I don't give a ****. In you go."

Yeah, his personality was great. If we ever got too loud in class he'd just stick on some classical music and blast it as loud as he could. He used to teach Music at my school, but soon stopped and just did Science. He must be around 27 now. I'd love to see him again. I remember in our last 5 lessons with him he booked computer rooms, and he just let us do whatever we wanted. During the year he also put everyone's name into a hat, and every Friday, two names would get pulled out, and those two people would have a week to prepare a 5 minute presentation on anything scientific of their choice. Sorry if I'm going on.. It's just the more I say, the more I remember about this guy.

Quentin Harper, you're the man, dawg.

Thanks, but I really don't like my hair.

Yeah, I stick them up because they just clog up my wallet.

Ah, I think it may be different between teachers. One of my Geography teachers is amazing, he just has so much enthusiasm for the subject that it just radiates off him, when he was talking at our Sixth Form Open Evening about the Geography syllabus he approached it with such enthusiasm that my parents both remarked they wanted to go back to school to do A-level Geography with him :’)

Wow, he does sound pretty cool! I shall have to meet this dude someday. Oh God, I would hate that though, it’s more than enough for me when teachers ask me to answer questions or read aloud from the textbook :tongue: Ah no, it’s interesting to hear, he dos sound like a rather cool guy.

Oh no, it’s cool hair! It looks fun.

Same here, I get the train to and from school every day I’m overflowing with them. I also have them around my mirror and around a picture of John Lennon and Yoko Ono :biggrin:
Reply 4019

Yup, all on OCR :smile:

Latest