The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Lupton Residences

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by amyj955
I'm in block c, I don't know anyone in my accommodation yet :smile: but I am really looking forward to living in Lupton :smile:

Hey, I'm in block C too, which room you in?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
Original post by Yoshiya
Hey, I'm in block C too, which room you in?

I'm third :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by amyj955
I'm third :smile:

Third floor
Reply 23
Original post by amyj955
Third floor

Same here. I'm in flat 1, room 1
Reply 24
Original post by Yoshiya
Same here. I'm in flat 1, room 1

Ah cool, I'm flat 3 :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by best_Biz95
I'm in block O floor 2! Wasn't my first choice, or even my third! Not sure whether to stick with it yet still weighing pros and cons.:smile:

Yes same here !! I don't understand why they put me here. But I figured its gonna be good anyway, and there are worse accommodations , plusits a lot cheaper, so I'm gonna stick with it I decided. But no I was the same, undecided whether to try and change it. You should stay ! :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Savstar90
Yes same here !! I don't understand why they put me her. But I figured its gonna be good anyway, and there are worse accommodations , plusits a lot cheaper, so I'm gonna stick with it I decided. But no I was the same, undecided whether to try and change it. You should stay ! :smile:

I think I'm gonna stick with it now, as you said it's not that bad for the price and the social is meant to be amazing. Bit surprised there's no common room especially since they saved space on shared bathrooms, but ive already started shopping etc!:biggrin: which block etc you in?
(edited 10 years ago)
Where are all the people in Block M? :confused: Has all the accommodation been allocated yet?
Reply 28
how do we find out what items are provided? also when are you guys moving in? the earliest date is the 18th but can we expect everyone to move in on that day? or is it likely that people will wait until the weekend?
Original post by LeonLad
how do we find out what items are provided? also when are you guys moving in? the earliest date is the 18th but can we expect everyone to move in on that day? or is it likely that people will wait until the weekend?

They'll let you know in the Welcome Pack they send. I think the kitchen is provided with a microwave, but I don't think you get a toaster. :s-smilie: You can always buy things when you get there. :smile:

I'm moving in on the 18th, but I know plenty of people who are moving in on the weekend. :smile:

Edit: I've just found this 'What to Bring List' on the Leeds site, here.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey guys! I got put in James Baillie Park, which I wanted to go to cos everyone recommended it to me as a really fun/social place to stay thats close to uni and close to headinley as well, but after recieving unexpected news about my grant it really is out of my budget now! :frown: would be willing to swap for lupton if anyones up for it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Abblecrumble
They'll let you know in the Welcome Pack they send. I think the kitchen is provided with a microwave, but I don't think you get a toaster. :s-smilie: You can always buy things when you get there. :smile:

I'm moving in on the 18th, but I know plenty of people who are moving in on the weekend. :smile:

Edit: I've just found this 'What to Bring List' on the Leeds site, here.

thanks, have you found your flatmates? what date are they moving in? i cant find any of them on fb so i dont know when they're arriving. so i dont wanna arrive on the 18th and not having anything to do or anyone to talk to for 3 days!

Original post by dulciemae
Hey guys! I got put in James Baillie Park, which I wanted to go to cos everyone recommended it to me as a really fun/social place to stay thats close to uni and close to headinley as well, but its just a little bit out of my budget! :frown: would be willing to swap for lupton if anyones up for it. :smile:

try asking on facebook, personally i wasnt happy with Lupton at first but i've come to terms with it, but theres still people crying over it on fb who i'm sure will swap :smile: or you can contact the accom office and get it swapped if you can't afford it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LeonLad
thanks, have you found your flatmates? what date are they moving in? i cant find any of them on fb so i dont know when they're arriving. so i dont wanna arrive on the 18th and not having anything to do or anyone to talk to for 3 days!

I've only met one of my flatmates so far and she's moving in on the 19th I think. I'm sure there'll be plenty of people moving in on the week, but if you don't want to be the first to arrive in your flat, you could always wait until Saturday. :smile:

Have you joined the Lupton group? I've seen someone on the list who is in O3.2.
Reply 33
I've only met one of my flatmates so far and she's moving in on the 19th I think. I'm sure there'll be plenty of people moving in on the week, but if you don't want to be the first to arrive in your flat, you could always wait until Saturday. :smile:

Have you joined the Lupton group? I've seen someone on the list who is in O3.2.

ah cool thanks, btw what are you studying? & i wouldn't go to that icebreaker thing cause it'll just be promoters trying to take advantage of freshers that don't know where else to go. I'd wait and see what your flatmates decide to do.
Original post by LeonLad
ah cool thanks, btw what are you studying? & i wouldn't go to that icebreaker thing cause it'll just be promoters trying to take advantage of freshers that don't know where else to go. I'd wait and see what your flatmates decide to do.

I'll be studying Graphic Communication & Design. :tongue: I can't wait! What about you?

The one flatmate that I have met wants to go to it, but I was just worrying because it's had mixed reviews and there's so many promoters on Facebook, it looks a bit desperate.
Reply 35
I'll be studying Graphic Communication & Design. :tongue: I can't wait! What about you?

The one flatmate that I have met wants to go to it, but I was just worrying because it's had mixed reviews and there's so many promoters on Facebook, it looks a bit desperate.

Accounting & finance, not the most exciting course :/ not long to go now!

What block are you in? I wish Lupton had a common room so that we could meet people from other blocks!
Hey guys! I got put in James Baillie Park, which I wanted to go to cos everyone recommended it to me as a really fun/social place to stay thats close to uni and close to headinley as well, but i cant really afford it! :frown: would be willing to swap for lupton if anyones up for it. :smile:
Original post by LeonLad
Accounting & finance, not the most exciting course :/ not long to go now!

What block are you in? I wish Lupton had a common room so that we could meet people from other blocks!

I'm block M! :smile: I guess everyone will just meet up in the kitchen. :tongue: On the first day I'll probably go exploring and being nosy. :wink:
Reply 38
I'm in block A! I think arranging to meet up or doing a BBQ etc. sounds like a good idea:smile: I'm moving in on the 20th though hopefully, has anybody booked a moving in slot yet?
Original post by LeonLad

try asking on facebook, personally i wasnt happy with Lupton at first but i've come to terms with it, but theres still people crying over it on fb who i'm sure will swap :smile: or you can contact the accom office and get it swapped if you can't afford it.

yeah ive asked the accom office and they basically said theyll see what they can do, was too embarrased to ask on the group though, didnt wanna be that girl that didnt wanna be there if i didnt get to swap! thats good news tho, hopefully they'll find someone. i mean i really wouldnt mind at all if money wasnt an issue!

Quick Reply

Latest