The Student Room Group

How does the A* Alevel grade work? Worth a remark?

I recieved my Alevel results last week and in my classical civilization modules: 93,100,78,83 UMS so 354/400 in total.
I'm 6 UMS (3 raw marks) off 90% so if I got a remark is there a chance of getting an A*?

basically, do you need 90% in every module? or just 90% overall?

Thanks so much! :smile:
Reply 1
90% overall in A2 :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bazingaa
I recieved my Alevel results last week and in my classical civilization modules: 93,100,78,83 UMS so 354/400 in total.
I'm 6 UMS (3 raw marks) off 90% so if I got a remark is there a chance of getting an A*?

basically, do you need 90% in every module? or just 90% overall?

Thanks so much! :smile:

Hi mate, have a read of this:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A-star_grades_at_A-level

As I understand, you need over 90% in your A2 units. So if you got 78 and 83 UMS in your A2 units (I'm assuming by the order you gave them in), there is very little point in getting a remark, as they would have to be over 90 to get the A* grade.

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
90% average in the A2 modules.
Reply 4
You need over 90% UMS in A2 modules, except for maths, where you only need that in Core 3 and Core 4, and your overall A Level needs to be 80%+ UMS

It means you can get A*s with Bs at AS if you work really hard, but it also means if you did really well at AS and mess up at A2 you may not get an A* even if someone has the same UMS as you who did "poorly" in AS and well in A2

It has it's perks and disadvantages

Quick Reply

Latest