The Student Room Group

Remark A Level?

I got into my firm choice uni with grades AAA so I am pleased about that. However, I was 5 marks off an A* from one of my subjects and 6 marks off from another. Is it worth paying for a remark? Would it be worth it in the long run? Thanks.
Original post by shsfron9
I got into my firm choice uni with grades AAA so I am pleased about that. However, I was 5 marks off an A* from one of my subjects and 6 marks off from another. Is it worth paying for a remark? Would it be worth it in the long run? Thanks.

Hi there :hi:

Firstly, huge congratulations on your results and getting into your firm Uni! :woo: That's super exciting, well done! :woohoo: Uni time :woohoo:

With the remark, unless the change will affect your Uni place, I am not sure it is worth it? Remember that they can sometimes go up or down
Original post by shsfron9

No! Please don't do that. 5/6 marks being miscounted is quite a large amount and therefore unlikely. You could also miss your grades and get rejected by the uni if you lose marks after a recount as recounts can go up or down. Congrats on your place!!
Reply 3
Hello, I have recieved my scripts back for my literature papers however for my coursework which is the exam board AQA my total Mark's 36/50 have not been scaled by 1.5 to reach a mark from /75. As the total Mark's should be for English /375, sadly to appeal or get a remark for coursework costs a very heavy price and so I am feeling quite disheartened. Also, does anyone have any future guidance for me as I am quite stuck as to what to do next, my grade achieved for literature in the end is a C after working at grade A in my essays for the past two years.
Does anyone know the price for remarks, and if it is worth the risk?

Quick Reply

Latest