The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Do I stand a chance

Hello,

i would like to know if I stand a chance at getting an offer from Edinburgh, I want to apply to the MA L700 Geography course.

GCSEs A*A*AABBBBC-the C is in French my only MFL I know you need a language to get in but do my mind that it was a C and also my worst GCSE?

AS levels
A Geography
A DT
B History
B RS

I would probably get AAB if I work very hard, do I stand a chance of getting an offer?????
I don't think your GCSEs should affect it that much but most offers for Edinburgh are made at AAA as far as I know (mine was and I was applying for MFL), if you don't think you can get or will be predicted those grades I think it's a long shot but give it a go anyway, and good luck!!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by RachelMaggie
I don't think your GCSEs should affect it that much but most offers for Edinburgh are made at AAA as far as I know (mine was and I was applying for MFL), if you don't think you can get or will be predicted those grades I think it's a long shot but give it a go anyway, and good luck!!

I am sure that I will not be predicted AAA but I can always it it a shot with AAB
Reply 3
There's no harm in trying, just ensure that you apply to places with a range of entry requirements so that you can go somewhere you want to go to regardless of what happens next year :smile: So maybe Edinburgh (AAA), 2 places with AAB, 1 with ABB and 1 BBB or something.
Reply 4
Original post by Gnome :)
There's no harm in trying, just ensure that you apply to places with a range of entry requirements so that you can go somewhere you want to go to regardless of what happens next year :smile: So maybe Edinburgh (AAA), 2 places with AAB, 1 with ABB and 1 BBB or something.

Thanks for the advice! But I don't think that I will apply to anything lower than abb because I do a level DT and our centre does amazingly every year and everyone get over 90% in the coursework which is worth 60% of the total a level. So basically a level DT should give me a definite A! But I really hope Edinburgh give me an offer this year I would love to go their.
I am also looking at Newcastle (AAB) and cardiff (AAB) and UEA (ABB) I just need one more uni to fill my 5 choices!!
Reply 5
I got in on AAC - not through clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending