The Student Room Group

Biochem ucl entry req

Hi there
I’m predicted A*AB and ucl require AAA for biochem. Do u think I don’t stand a chance there? Have they accepted B in past for biochem beforr?
I don’t know if they have accepted people with a B before but if you’re really wondering you could always make an FOI request on whatdotheyknow asking about it?
My gut feeling is no, since it asks specifically for the AAA, and UCL won’t take UCAS point equivalents, but do they have grade requirements for specific subjects? If the B is in chemistry or biology I wouldn’t be optimistic about your chances, since those are really important for biochemistry of course (it’s what I’m applying for too) but if it’s something else there might be a chance.
Also, do you know if there’s any way you can get your predicted grade raised - with an A* and A predicted for your other two I imagine you are certainly capable of achieving an A in your third subject so maybe ask your teachers if there are any tests/extra work you could do that might get your grade to an A?
Sorry, I know this isn’t the most definitive answer but I hope it helps a bit, essentially at the moment I don’t think you’d have a very good chance but I doubt it’s impossible either for you to be seriously considered for entry, or to get predicted AAA/A*AA.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your help! I’m also undertaking an epq but I don’t think ucl really considers epqs? My B was in maths :frown:
I don’t think they do either but I really hope it works out for you! Maybe you’ll have a chance if it was in maths rather than chem or bio, but do you think there’s any chance you could get predicted an A?
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest