The Student Room Group

Chances for History with a 39 predicted?

Hi! First time poster here :smile:

We're getting our predicted grades in 2 weeks, and I think I'll be getting around a 39 at the very lowest with 776 at HL. Worst case scenario, if I do get a 39, do I stand a chance for LSE, UCL, or Edinburgh history, seeing as I just barely meet their entrance requirements? (Especially LSE as I know they usually only give offers to people predicted 40+, but I'm hoping that since History isn't an overly competitive course, I'll still stand a chance). Some of my supercurriculars include winning a national essay competition and doing historical research in an academic society at university. I'm also international from Australia. Thanks so much!
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by stelliferous2
Hi! First time poster here :smile:

We're getting our predicted grades in 2 weeks, and I think I'll be getting around a 39 at the very lowest with 776 at HL. Worst case scenario, if I do get a 39, do I stand a chance for LSE, UCL, or Edinburgh history, seeing as I just barely meet their entrance requirements? (Especially LSE as I know they usually only give offers to people predicted 40+, but I'm hoping that since History isn't an overly competitive course, I'll still stand a chance). Some of my supercurriculars include winning a national essay competition and doing historical research in an academic society at university. I'm also international from Australia. Thanks so much!

Given that LSE's requirement for history is 38 (766) then the answer is yes to that question. (If they really wanted 40 they would ask for it.)

You also meet the requirements for UCL and Edinburgh, so yes again.

And being international means more revenue for the university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending