The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE maths linear. Quick question about papers

I want to retake my GCSE maths as i got a C at gcse (ive finished alevels now and on a gap year). I need atleast a B for uni

there are 2 maths papers for linear higher. Unit 1 and 2. What do they both consist of and which is the calculator paper.

i have the edexcel book but it doesnt clarify which units the topics are in and whether calculator is needed or not
Reply 1
Paper 2 is Calc, and i would assume everything you need a calc in would be on the calc paper! From the top of my head i would guess trig :biggrin:
Original post by Zahid~
Paper 2 is Calc, and i would assume everything you need a calc in would be on the calc paper! From the top of my head i would guess trig :biggrin:

Thank you! Have you started doing past papers? I want to get absolutely everything covered first before i start them. How long before the exam is best to do loads of past papers do u think?
Reply 3
Oh im not doing the exam, i did them last year tho:biggrin:. id give urself around 2 weeks before the exam and then do a past paper, check the anwers, if you get it wrong read up on it, and repeat ten qazillion times, also, if you try doing the hardest questions from each topic, you mgiht find the exam questions are actually quite similar:biggrin:. I used the actual edexcel book for revision btw, i wouldnt recommend anything other than what the exam boards provide
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zahid~
Oh im not doing the exam, i did them last year tho:biggrin:. id give urself around 2 weeks before the exam and then do a past paper, check the anwers, if you get it wrong read up on it, and repeat ten qazillion times, also, if you try doing the hardest questions from each topic, you mgiht find the exam questions are actually quite similar:biggrin:. I used the actual edexcel book for revision btw, i wouldnt recommend anything other than what the exam boards provide

Im going to do loads of papers. Want a good grade so bad! When do the results come out?
Reply 5
Original post by Secretnerd123
Im going to do loads of papers. Want a good grade so bad! When do the results come out?

Jan i think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending