The Student Room Group

Is York out of reach for me?

I'm applying for Economics, 2014 entry. Unfortunately I didn't do too well on my AS exams achieving BBCC. I got A's and B's on half my papers and C's and a few D's on other ones. I'm retaking units from 3 subjects (5 resits) to boost my UMS. Predicted AAB.

I've applying at Surrey, Birmingham, UEA, Southampton and I need to choose between York and Kent tonight. I prefer York but I don't feel completely secure in my application. Economics is such an oversubscribed course and I really want to study it. Please help!
Reply 1
Original post by cathrg26
I'm applying for Economics, 2014 entry. Unfortunately I didn't do too well on my AS exams achieving BBCC. I got A's and B's on half my papers and C's and a few D's on other ones. I'm retaking units from 3 subjects (5 resits) to boost my UMS. Predicted AAB.

I've applying at Surrey, Birmingham, UEA, Southampton and I need to choose between York and Kent tonight. I prefer York but I don't feel completely secure in my application. Economics is such an oversubscribed course and I really want to study it. Please help!

What subjects are you doing? At first glance i think of the possible inconsistency between your predictions and AS. May get penalized for this, especially when unis have to filter applicants
Isn't Southampton and Birmingham AAA?

If you really like a uni, then you might as well apply for it. Especially if you don't wanna go to kent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending