Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Economics, 2014 entry. Unfortunately I didn't do too well on my AS exams achieving BBCC. I got A's and B's on half my papers and C's and a few D's on other ones. I'm retaking units from 3 subjects (5 resits) to boost my UMS. Predicted AAB.

I've applying at Surrey, Birmingham, UEA, Southampton and I need to choose between York and Kent tonight. I prefer York but I don't feel completely secure in my application. Economics is such an oversubscribed course and I really want to study it. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathrg26)
    I'm applying for Economics, 2014 entry. Unfortunately I didn't do too well on my AS exams achieving BBCC. I got A's and B's on half my papers and C's and a few D's on other ones. I'm retaking units from 3 subjects (5 resits) to boost my UMS. Predicted AAB.

I've applying at Surrey, Birmingham, UEA, Southampton and I need to choose between York and Kent tonight. I prefer York but I don't feel completely secure in my application. Economics is such an oversubscribed course and I really want to study it. Please help!
    What subjects are you doing? At first glance i think of the possible inconsistency between your predictions and AS. May get penalized for this, especially when unis have to filter applicants
    Isn't Southampton and Birmingham AAA?

If you really like a uni, then you might as well apply for it. Especially if you don't wanna go to kent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 8, 2013

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.