The Student Room Group

A-Levels Advice

Hello!

I am trying to get into York University for a course in Archaeology, I need a BBB to get this.

My BTEC is a Level 3 Foundation Diploma which I just discovered can't count as a B, I was not told this by my secondary until recently and so am quite panicked.

For my A Levels, I am doing sociology [expected A], history [not been told] and english [awaiting expected grade], and unsure if i will get what i need to get into York, is there any advice on how to revise better or what steps I should take?

Thank you!
Original post by rastaban
Hello!
I am trying to get into York University for a course in Archaeology, I need a BBB to get this.
My BTEC is a Level 3 Foundation Diploma which I just discovered can't count as a B, I was not told this by my secondary until recently and so am quite panicked.
For my A Levels, I am doing sociology [expected A], history [not been told] and english [awaiting expected grade], and unsure if i will get what i need to get into York, is there any advice on how to revise better or what steps I should take?
Thank you!

seems like you're on course for a good grade in sociology - how do you normally revise for that?
I applied for York with two current C grade A Levels and they sent me a conditional offer to get an A in my final A Level. Though I turned down this offer for my firm choice, they still sent me an offer even though I did not have the exact grades they are looking for (BBB). It seems like they can be lenient, so you can always reach out and ask the admissions team at York!
Check the entry requirements carefully - if the acceptable A level/BTEC combinations are not explained on the course page, then email the Uni now to find out exactly what the requirement is. List what you are taking, including the exact title of the BTEC (not just 'BTEC'), and they will be able to tell you. Do not assume or just think 'it'll be okay' - always check, and directly with each Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest