The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry Applicants 2014

So who else has applied for dentistry at Sheffield starting 2014?

Thought I'd start this thread so that people can discuss interviews/offers/(hopefully not) rejections. But if we can avoid posting amazing stats and then asking 'what are my chances?' then that would be fab

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Elle.Alice
So who else has applied for dentistry at Sheffield starting 2014?

Thought I'd start this thread so that people can discuss interviews/offers/(hopefully not) rejections. But if we can avoid posting amazing stats and then asking 'what are my chances?' then that would be fab

Hiya! I'm applying :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm applying :smile:
Reply 4
I'm applying. Heard they tend to make offers based on the UKCAT? Any truth in this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I would love it if they made offers on UKCAT, which I did well on. Sheffield's my favourite dental school so I'd love an offer from them.
Original post by steven39
I'm applying. Heard they tend to make offers based on the UKCAT? Any truth in this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope they pretty much score all aspects of your application equally and said something like "a good ukcat would make up for poor gcses" on the open day. They then give everyone a score on their application. They then interview the top scoring applicants :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Got my confirmation from Sheffield :biggrin: It all feels so real now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying to Sheffield, anyone know when their interviews are usually held? :smile:
Reply 9
Im applying :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by #_Inspiration
Applying to Sheffield, anyone know when their interviews are usually held? :smile:

2 days in March, I think 7th and 8th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by #_Inspiration

At the open day they said they hold their interviews in March :smile:
Reply 12
When do universities accept you for interviews?
Original post by bumbakrak
When do universities accept you for interviews?

Sheffield normally lets people know in January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Caribbeantwist
Sheffield normally lets people know in January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jvir24
2 days in March, I think 7th and 8th

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks :smile: that's late compared to other unis is it? :O at least not around any exams :smile:
Hi guys, I've also applied to Sheffield. Got a really good feeling on the open day from the place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I applied to Sheffield too. It's my 1st choice, fingers crossed. :/ so scared omg
Hi, I'm also applying to Sheffield :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Sheffield is highly competitive, they receive over 900 applications for 75 places...do the maths... I mean WOAH:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest