The Student Room Group

2014 PWC Consulting Belfast

I have an assessment centre coming up for PWC in a few weeks in Belfast for their graduate management consultancy role. I have been doing research and heard that the salary is around £14-16k!

It couldn't be that low, could it?
I'd expect their school leaver/apprenticeship salary to be around that not their grad one though :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
I'd expect their school leaver/apprenticeship salary to be around that not their grad one though :s-smilie:

I know I have been shocked too, hence why I am hoping someone will come along and tell me how wrong it is! I was thinking it should be mid 20s really.
Reply 3
Big 4 in Belfast all pay extremely low. I think Deloittes is the highest, but not far off what you mentioned, maybe 14.5k.
Reply 4
Original post by GR3YFOXXX
Big 4 in Belfast all pay extremely low. I think Deloittes is the highest, but not far off what you mentioned, maybe 14.5k.

Why is it so low? Apart from accommodation Belfast isn't that much cheaper than elsewhere in the UK.
Reply 5
I suppose the more important question is "what is the prospects in the future?" I Suppose the Belfast salaries trail elsewhere all through your career?
Reply 6
hey, what did you have to do for the assessment centre? Really want to know! Thank you
Reply 7
Move.
Reply 8
Original post by Steakeater
Why is it so low? Apart from accommodation Belfast isn't that much cheaper than elsewhere in the UK.

It's simple really, a lot of graduates and not a lot of graduate jobs. It's the same situation for trainee lawyers. They pay low because they can still easily fill positions.
Reply 9
It's simple really, a lot of graduates and not a lot of graduate jobs. It's the same situation for trainee lawyers. They pay low because they can still easily fill positions.

Yes but most non-graduate roles that do not need a degree pay better than that! It is shocking really.
Yes but most non-graduate roles that do not need a degree pay better than that! It is shocking really.

Yeah it is pretty terrible. The thinking is, the experience you gain in the long term will compensate for the bad pay in the short term.
Reply 11
Yeah it is pretty terrible. The thinking is, the experience you gain in the long term will compensate for the bad pay in the short term.

Makes me wonder though what their pay is like at the senior level?
Makes me wonder though what their pay is like at the senior level?

Pretty decent by Belfast standards. But again, it is even better outside of Belfast.
Reply 13
Starting salaries in Belfast for consulting are around 17k. Pretty low indeed! Would love to know the progression opportunities, what will base salary look like in 3/4 years? Frustrating that graduates starting assurance/audit in the same intake can expect a pay bump after receiving accounting qualifications.

Anybody received offers for consulting in Belfast starting Sept 13?
For a Degree + languages they will offer the same 16.5K . It looks like a joke but it is the 2017 offer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by miabelnor
For a Degree + languages they will offer the same 16.5K . It looks like a joke but it is the 2017 offer.

That definitely looks like a joke. I'm joining one of the Big 4 in Belfast and their starting salary for my job last year was £24.5k

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending