The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm looking round Aspley, The Castings and Snow Island tomorrow, and then i'll be making my decision on where i'll be living! Exciting stuff.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
How did you decide where to go??? Finding it really hard to choose!
Original post by Little Lady K
I'm still in the process for sending documents off for the accomodation. Apparently i missed out something in regards to my student status/proof that i'll be going Huddersfield uni. That'll be a toughie since i haven't had my grades yet to get a confirmed place or done the dbs and health check.

I haven't done my DBS or health check either so I shouldn't worry about that. I don't know what you need to prove your gonna be at Huddersfield, I didn't send anything off. :/ I just sent mine and my dads driving licence off and a utility bill as proof of dad's address with my tenancy agreement. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Anyone studying ODP in september? Unsure of which accommodation to choose since I can't go to storthes hall,
Considering Aspley hall at the moment!
Original post by Alex-96
Anyone studying ODP in september? Unsure of which accommodation to choose since I can't go to storthes hall,

how come you can't go to storthes?
Reply 385
Original post by katyr0binson
how come you can't go to storthes?

Because the shuttle buses don't start early enough and there's no access to public buses from there and my course is partially university study and hospital placements, meaning potentially I could be starting at a Leeds hospital at 8/9 in the morning! Basically I need a central accommodation for public transport.

Have any idea which one i should pick?
Original post by Alex-96
Because the shuttle buses don't start early enough and there's no access to public buses from there and my course is partially university study and hospital placements, meaning potentially I could be starting at a Leeds hospital at 8/9 in the morning! Basically I need a central accommodation for public transport.

Have any idea which one i should pick?

oh i get you. don't really know huddersfield too well, so i'm afraid i can't really help, but from what i've read aspley hall is pretty much central, as well as the castings :-)
Original post by Alex-96

In starting the foundation year to do ODP the year after, nearly. I'm staying in little Aspley. :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
Original post by HerMooness
In starting the foundation year to do ODP the year after, nearly. I'm staying in little Aspley. :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think I'm going to apply to Aspley soon because the standard rooms are low in availability I think!
Whats the difference between Aspley and Little Aspley, because on the website it just shows Aspley as one complex, do you get to pick which one you live in when you apply? :smile:
Anyone starting Drama at Huddersfield this September?

Oh and I'm going to Strothes, anyone else going there too?

Is anyone studying Chemistry? I don't think I've seen any other applicants so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 391
doing my PGCE in secondary chemistry at huddersfield in september :biggrin:
Original post by BethanyRoseM

I'm going to storthes :-)
Original post by Alex-96
Yeah I think I'm going to apply to Aspley soon because the standard rooms are low in availability I think!
Whats the difference between Aspley and Little Aspley, because on the website it just shows Aspley as one complex, do you get to pick which one you live in when you apply? :smile:

Little Aspley hasn't got a common room, gym or pool on site but still get use of big aspley's which is only a five minute walk away, I like walking so wasn't an issue for me. I've been told that LA is closer to the supermarkets too. Apart from that I don't think there's much difference. I believe there's a drop down box to pick where you want when you apply, I chose big but the accomadation lady rang me back and said tht was ok I I wanted to live with mixed year groups but there were only 1st year only flats left in little. She's lovely, she'll get the best she can for you. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Original post by HerMooness
Little Aspley hasn't got a common room, gym or pool on site but still get use of big aspley's which is only a five minute walk away, I like walking so wasn't an issue for me. I've been told that LA is closer to the supermarkets too. Apart from that I don't think there's much difference. I believe there's a drop down box to pick where you want when you apply, I chose big but the accomadation lady rang me back and said tht was ok I I wanted to live with mixed year groups but there were only 1st year only flats left in little. She's lovely, she'll get the best she can for you. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah thanks for the information! Yeah I think what I'm most concerned about was being put with students in their 2nd and 3rd year so I'm perfectly happy to go in either little or big if I'm in a flat with other 1st years! :smile:
I don't suppose you know if you can book accommodation without having put your firm and insurance in on UCAS because I'm still waiting for a decision from one Uni but I know I want to go to Huddersfield??
when should I apply for accommodation? and tbh I haven't looked into Hudds as much because they're my insurance.. could someone enlighten me on the process?

-architecture for september 2014 entry
Original post by BethanyRoseM

im at storthes!!
Original post by Archengsculp
when should I apply for accommodation? and tbh I haven't looked into Hudds as much because they're my insurance.. could someone enlighten me on the process?

-architecture for september 2014 entry

hey i replied to your last post with some options, page 19 i think. here is a link to a thread that is all about huddersfield accommodation
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2665071
Original post by Samst1tt
hey i replied to your last post with some options, page 19 i think. here is a link to a thread that is all about huddersfield accommodation
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2665071

oops sorry, notifications didn't come through but thank you!
Original post by Alex-96
Aah thanks for the information! Yeah I think what I'm most concerned about was being put with students in their 2nd and 3rd year so I'm perfectly happy to go in either little or big if I'm in a flat with other 1st years! :smile:
I don't suppose you know if you can book accommodation without having put your firm and insurance in on UCAS because I'm still waiting for a decision from one Uni but I know I want to go to Huddersfield??

Not sure to be honest, I declined my Newcastle application (I was on the reserve list) because I knew Huddersfield was where I wanted to go and I already had an offer for my preferred insurance, so I did it once I'd sorted everything out on UCAS. You'd probs have to ring them up, at the end of the day you lose your money if you don't go to huddersfield....I'm really not sure. Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending