The Student Room Group

Will I be accepted without foundation year into university of Huddersfield??

I am an international student from Nepal considering applying to the University of Huddersfield. However, I've noticed that my desired course is not available in the International Year One program. I am hesitant about opting for a foundation year, given the additional time, cost, and the need to reapply for my visa. I believe my academic grades are sufficient for direct entry, but I've heard concerns about the acceptance of Nepal's NEB board. Could you kindly advise if there is a possibility of direct entry into the bachelor's program without the foundation year?
Original post by worried-pen
I am an international student from Nepal considering applying to the University of Huddersfield. However, I've noticed that my desired course is not available in the International Year One program. I am hesitant about opting for a foundation year, given the additional time, cost, and the need to reapply for my visa. I believe my academic grades are sufficient for direct entry, but I've heard concerns about the acceptance of Nepal's NEB board. Could you kindly advise if there is a possibility of direct entry into the bachelor's program without the foundation year?

Hi @worried-pen

Glad to hear you're considering studying with us! Our requirements to start on a Bachelors degree for a Nepalese applicant is as follows:

"For entry onto Undergraduate courses a Post proficiency Certificate, Post Higher Secondary Education Certificate, or Bachelor Degree is required."

This information, plus English Language Requirements can be found on our website: https://www.hud.ac.uk/international/courses-and-entry-requirements/international-entry-requirements/

If you meet those requirements, there should be no issue with direct entry.

Many thanks,
Lewis

Social media and content officer, University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending