The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
I've recieved a conditional offer to study Business & Finance. Just need to get my 300 ucas points now.

edit: I've just read the last few pages and some of you guys have already booked your accomodation? I thought it's best to wait until results day first? Should I get mine booked asap or not?
(edited 9 years ago)
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by DanBBz
I've recieved a conditional offer to study Business & Finance. Just need to get my 300 ucas points now.

edit: I've just read the last few pages and some of you guys have already booked your accomodation? I thought it's best to wait until results day first? Should I get mine booked asap or not?

By booking my accommodation when I did, means that I got the room type I wanted and got discount so I'm paying around £400 less than the price it is now :smile:
I'm at aspley and I know the deposit was £250 when I booked I'm not sure if the others have booking fees?
Look into it and look around different places first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanBBz
I

Yes definitely, even if you don't get the results (I'm sure you will) you can get your initial accommodation deposit refunded.
Reply 463
Is anybody else doing Medical Genetics ?? :frown: can't seem to find anybody who is!
Anybody else got offers for Physiotherapy? :smile: realllly hope I get my ABB
Original post by amymica
It's probably a bit late but I just really wanted to chime in with a word for anyone thinking of doing Illustration/Contemporary Art/Graphic Design at University of Huddersfield:

DO NOT GO THERE.

If you want anything remotely resembling a helpful, well-put-together, interesting course, do NOT go to University of Huddersfield. I only have direct experience with these three courses, and can confirm: they are an absolute shambles. Nobody has any idea what they are doing, deadlines and projects get changed every week (and the teachers constantly give different information to each other). The projects they give are far too long to ever be relevant to any actual industry, and the ones they DO give tend to be either horribly boring, difficult to work with, or just completely irrelevant. And the interraction with tutors is dismal - they never even bother to email you back.
Despite it being rated highly for creative subjects, and there being nice buildings and facilities, really - if you want anything near a decent education, choose a different University.
Having said that, most of the people I talk to who do different subjects really like Huddersfield - my comment is only on these three degrees.

Well, Good luck for 2014 everyone!

are you serious? hahaha i've put down illustration here as my firm and have nowhere else to go :bricks:

did you actually do one of the courses?
not physio as such but the foundation year leading onto physiotherapy in the end, best of luck for your results!
Reply 467
anyone else doing Business + Finance?
Original post by HealthoverWealth
not physio as such but the foundation year leading onto physiotherapy in the end, best of luck for your results!

thank you! What is this foundation year you speak of and would it be possible to get through clearing if I don't get my grades?
Original post by mattrile
thank you! What is this foundation year you speak of and would it be possible to get through clearing if I don't get my grades?

It gets you up to speed before you start the actual course you want to do. Not sure if it will be available in clearing, it's a very popular course apparently. Not sure. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raymond666
Hey! :smile:

I couldn't find a thread for this, so I've just decided to make one! Just put down what degree you applied for, when you sent your application in, etc.

I applied yesterday for a BA in English Language! :smile:

Applied for behavioural sciences, got a conditional offer. Anyone else applied for it?
Awesome thread! Looking forward to studying Graphic Design here! :biggrin:
Original post by burnt-toast
are you serious? hahaha i've put down illustration here as my firm and have nowhere else to go :bricks:

did you actually do one of the courses?

Ive heard plenty of people enjoy these courses, and wouldn't recommend anywhere else! Its just one persons opinion.
Im going to study Graphic Design in September, and fingers crossed its a positive experience for me. Don't let them put you off :/
Original post by asadsiddiq
I just booked my accommodation too, in The Castings, Block D Flat 101.. anyone near? Only managed to find one person lol

Im going to be staying at the castings. Im in block E! :smile:
Original post by TashaKosak
Ive heard plenty of people enjoy these courses, and wouldn't recommend anywhere else! Its just one persons opinion.
Im going to study Graphic Design in September, and fingers crossed its a positive experience for me. Don't let them put you off :/

I'm looking to study graphic design too and have heard nothing but good reviews! :biggrin: I think it's sometimes a matter of bad students rather than bad courses
There's a horror story for every university out there.
Just got my unconditional offer
can't wait to go to campus!!!!
anyone starting Accountancy & Finance?
Original post by Jim_Betts
I'm looking to study graphic design too and have heard nothing but good reviews! :biggrin: I think it's sometimes a matter of bad students rather than bad courses

What accommodation are you staying at? I haven't heard of many people who are doing Graphic Design yet. Would be nice to know a few people before starting haha
What accommodation are you staying at? I haven't heard of many people who are doing Graphic Design yet. Would be nice to know a few people before starting haha

Storthes hall! It seems the popular choice , and I've not seen many people either but it would definitely make those first few days more comfortable
Hey :smile:, im going to be on the Graphic Design course and im staying at Aspley halls, wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending