The Student Room Group

Would I be cut out for a maths degree.

I'm looking to do a maths degree at bristol in september and wondered if I will be able to succeed.

I am having a gap year so already have my results

A maths
B further maths
A physics
A biology

I was wondering whether I'd be able to get a 2:1 in a maths degree as I'm not always that intuitive when it comes to maths but I really enjoy it and would be willing to work on it.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by amcor
I'm looking to do a maths degree at bristol in september and wondered if I will be able to succeed.

I am having a gap year so already have my results

A maths
B further maths
A physics
A biology

I was wondering whether I'd be able to get a 2:1 in a maths degree as I'm not always that intuitive when it comes to maths but I really enjoy it and would be willing to work on it.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!!!!!!

yeah probs
It helps a lot to be intuitive, but I've found that you can get a very long way in a maths degree just by standard practice and content. (I'm a fourth year maths student). I can't say for sure, but I think you could probably safely get a 2:1 if you work hard.

Haave you done anything like the UKMT maths challenges, AEA or STEP? They aren't necessary, but they are a different kind of maths (don't worry if you look at a paper and find it hard - there are a lot of techniques people doing those papers will have learned outside A-level).

Edit: *2:1!!! If you saw that before I changed it, it was a typo.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest